chapter 20

Abhimanyu looked at his mother Suspiciously while having his dinner .
Ridhima was also behaving differently during the evening and his mother was smiling to herself for no reason.

What is it ??? He asked his mother making her smile even more .
First finish your food then I have some thing really important to talk to you ....Revati ji said and Abhimanyu sighed not liking the suspense.

After having done with the dinner Abhimanyu sat beside his mother on the couch waiting for her to tell him her important thing .

Abhi you know parents always wants the best for their child . Sometimes they have to be strict to get things done while they give in the child's demand the other times for their happiness....Revati ji said and he nodded knowing there is something else beneath all these things and he was smart enough to know his mother want something from him and she won't hesitate to use her emotional card .

You liked Shreya and I accepted her because of your happiness now I want you to accept someone for me .....she said and Abhimanyu closed his eyes taking a deep breath.

Bache , it's almost an year and I can't see you struggling with your pain anymore. It's  high time you move on in life and give someone else a chance to mend your broken heart .....Revati ji said making him look away.

Maa I want some more time ....he said plainly.
I am ready to give you all the time I'm world if that will earse all the hurt from your life . But the more you will think about it the more you will dwell into the sorrows . From the last 1 year I have seen your ways to cope up with the pain and suffering.....Revati ji said in a heavy voice .

Bache , life has to go on . We can't hold on to one thing for ever when we know that it won't change. I can't see you like this . It pains me to know that my child is suffering and I can't help him out ....Revati ji said as a lone tear escaped her eye .

Abhimanyu wipped her tears and snuggled into her arms laying his head on her lap .

So you have already found someone to get me married....he murmured making Revati ji chuckle at her smart boy .

Haan and I am more then sure that she would be the best companion for you and will fill your life with love and happiness....Revati ji said caressing his hair.

Don't you think you are having too high hopes from this marriage and the girl ??? He asked with a frown .

Nope . I have almost faith in this and that's why I am asking you to give in and I assure  you, you won't regret it ....she said kissing his forehead.

Who is she ???? He asked caressing his mother's wrinkled hands .
Mishika!!!!!...... Revati ji said making him sit straight on the couch and look at her in utter disbelief and shock .

What are you even saying Maa ! How can I marry Mishika?....he asked like it's the most absurd thing.
And why can't you marry her . She is well mannered,kind , beautiful and educated....Revati ji asked .

Maa you are not understanding things . Mishika and I ....no this can't happen...He said trying to get up  but Revati held his hand pushing him back on the couch .

So make me understand and Give me at least one reasonable reason to reject  Mishika..Revati ji asked not liking his response to the news .

Abhimanyu sat there rubbing his face with both his hands. What he should tell his mother that why is he denying marrying to Mishika.
He himself doesn't know why he is being repulsive towards her .

She affects him . He remember how he was not able to sleep for nights after that day when she cried and cursed him . He was just fearing to let her in knowing her ability to unsettle him.