chapter 23

It was Saturday and Mishika was buying groceries with her Daddi (grandma ).
She was so distressed thinking about Abhimanyu's proposal.

Tomorrow she has to give him her final decision and she was going mad thinking about the same over and over again.

They were waiting for an 🛺 auto when she saw a few masked men standing on the other side of road looking at them .

Daadi let's take the bus . It's not safe to stand by the road at this time ....she said grabbing Gayatri ji 's hand and start walking towards the bus stop .

She was afraid about her Daadi . They need to get into a public place before something happens.
She noticed the men trying to cross the road from her peripheral vision and started to walk Faster.

Mishiiii slow down , I can't walk this fast . My knees are paining.....Gyatri ji said .
Daadi just handover the other bag to Me and please hurry up . It's just a matter of 2-3 minutes ....she said taking all the bags from her Daadi .

The men were following them from a distance now.
She somehow managed to get to the bus stop and sighed in relief seeing the crowd their but she can't take any risk now .
She dialled Abhimanyu but he didn't answered the call .

She texted him about the same and borded the bus with her Daadi .
She knew that the goons will follow the bus . Their stop is 20 minutes away and she has to do something in this time span only .

She was continuously dialing his number but to her bed luck he was not answering the calls .
Mishika and Gyatri Devi get down from the bus before their stop only at a metro station.

She knew that the goons will not follow them their due to high security and checking.
Why are we going by the metro . What has happened to you ....Gyatri Devi asked observing Mishika's wierd behaviour.

Daadi We need to get somewhere else . I want to buy something from cannaught place....she made an excuse taking the metro on opposite route to their home.

Mishika's phone ringed displaying Abhimanyu's name and she immediately answered it .
Where were you . I was calling you from past half an hour .....she spoke as soon as she answered the call .

Revati ji chuckled from the other side making Mishika look at her phone with wide eyes.
Aunty....a_actually I _I wanted to discuss something important with Sir....she stammered.

Hmmm...but your sir has left his phone at home only . I saw your missed calls so I called you back . If you want to talk to him you can call Constable Deshpande. I am sending you his contact number ....Revati ji said .

Mishika thanked her and Dialled Deshpande's number .
As soon as she introduced herself, Abhimanyu was immediately on the line.
Hello ...what happened. Are you fine . Did something happened...he asked her in one go .

She felt sudden relief listening to his voice .
She stood aside from her Daadi and informed him about everything.
He asked her to get down at Central secretariat as he was in the nearby area only .

Mishika asked her Daadi to wait inside the  metro station only and came out to look for Abhimanyu. She didn't want to take a risk. She was already terrified from within.

She jumped on her place when someone put a hand on her shoulder and relaxed to find Abhimanyu.
She immediately hugged him as her eyes welled up seeing him .

She sniffed clutching on him tightly as if her life depends on him .
Abhimanyu was taken back by sudden hug but then he consoled her sensing her state .

Heyyy it's okay . I am here now. Nothing will happen to you . You are safe now. Look at me....he said patting her head .
Mishika stepped back and looked away as realisation dawned upon her.
I am sorry....she said looking away and wiping her tears .

It's okay . Come with me now...he said .
Wait ...Daddi is also there with me ....she said and they both went inside the metro station to get Gyatri ji .

Abhimanyu touched her feet greeting her and Gyatri ji smiled brightly blessing him .
So this was the reason Mishikiii came over here and she was not telling me anything after so much of insistence....Gyatri ji thought getting happy.

Daadi aap jaye mei aati hu.... Mishika said to her Daadi as they reached home .
Gyatri ji asked Abhimanyu to come inside but he denied politely.
Mishika turned to him as Gyatri ji went inside the house .

She figted with her fingers getting nervous all of a sudden.
I want to say that ...I am ready ....she said looking down .
What !!!! Abhimanyu asked not getting her .

Mishika was looking everywhere but him .
For the marriage thing ....she whispered slowly peeping at him from her peripheral vision.

Good !!!! That's what he just said with a node making her shake her head in disbelief.
What else she thought how would he react .

Offcourse they are not lovers or something like that .
They stood there in the silence not knowing what to say further.
Hmmm...I should leave now and you too take some rest and take care of yourself....he said making her node .

She toppled on a stone as she turned to leave and was about to fall but Abhimanyu held her on time .
Mishika to grabbed him as a reflex.
Be careful....he said making her stand and she thanked him .

Raunak came out at the same time and cleared his throat gaining their attention.
Sir aap yaha ....he asked Abhimanyu and looked at Mishika with a mischievous smile making her groan  .

Hello Raunak ....I just came to drop Daadi ji and Mishika..... Abhimanyu said .
I think I should leave now...saying Abhimanyu bid them bye and left from there.

Diii chale , Abhimanyu sir gye.....Raunak said in a teasing tone making Mishika glare at him  .

😁😁😁

She finally said yes...😌

I will be updating on this time only that is around 7:30-8:00 pm due to change in my schedule from on onwards .....

Do comment and don't forget to vote ❤️