I Hate

My Life.

My parents asked me, "Jennie...You're rich. You don't have to do anything in life. Why do you want to study?"

I don't have the courage to stand up to my parents so I just told them the 10th reason on my "top 10 reasons I want to go to college" list.

"Because it's boring being stuck in the house all day. At least then I can be doing something. I'm going to get married in a few years anyway," I say it casually but I really want to go to college and experience life like a normal person.

Growing up as a rich, heiress probably seems like the perfect life to people.

But, I don't feel anything.

I don't feel pain because I always have a bodyguard.

I don't feel hungry because there's always something to eat and I eat at exact meal times.

I don't have any "real" friends. The ones I do have are all bitches.

And my parents control my life.

I don't get along with my father because he's always working. I think I saw him a total of 50 times in my 25 years on this Earth.

My mother and I don't have anything in common. I am basically a doll for her to dress up and take to fancy parties.

The only thing I have and can control are books. I buy hundreds of books and just read them while walking on the treadmill, or eating or walking around the mansion.

It's like I'm a princess stuck in my castle, waiting for my prince to come and save me.

The person would have to cross probably 25 bodyguards, 15 security cameras, 10 traps and my maids are trained in Kung-fu....but that's just a rumor....i think.

They did let me go to college. I studied English and Social Justice along with most subjects for Pre-Law. I had wanted to go to Law school but my parents put a stop to it.

In fact, I had an enlightening conversation with my mother just yesterday.

*Flashback*

"Jennie..." she says slowly while I read in bed.

I nod and flip a page.

"Jennie. Will you look at me?" She asks sternly.

I sigh and close the book. "Yes Mother."

"Your father and I....are concerned."

I nod. "I assume." Otherwise there would be no reason for her to talk to me.

"We think....you might be....getting into too much. College can shape your perspectives a lot and you have to know that we can't have you thinking you can stray from the path we set for you. We only want what's best for you Jennie dear."

I feel a pain in my chest as I nod. "Okay Mother. I understand."

She grins and claps her hands. "Good! Now get ready! I have to take you to a tea party!"

*End of Flashback*

You know? Sometimes I just wish I could run away.

I don't know if I would survive by myself but anything seemed better than being stuck in the mansion.

I wasn't even allowed to have pets because my parents are "allergic". That's the dumbest excuse I have ever heard considering they aren't home 95% of the time!

Anyways, I can rant all I want. It isn't going to change anything!

"Ma'am?" I hear a maid say.

I nod and turn to her in my tunic and leggings I bought for wedding present gathering.