Forever Young?

I wake up

To DARKNESS.

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHH! JISOOOOO!" I scream.

"Jennie! FUCKING CALM DOWN! You're in your shirt!" She shouts back.

My shirt?

I see a hole and....

My snout pokes out.

No. Way!

"Seriously?!" I say and see Jisoo as a white furred Maltese again. No more the beautiful woman.

"Why did we turn back?" I ask her.

She shakes her head. "I don't know. This is so weird. How many days has it been since you transformed?"

"It's been 11 days."

"11...that means it was the 10th day yesterday. 10 days since the full moon. Now 20 days till the next one. And we turned into humans just for 24 hours.....can you split 31 into parts?"

I shake my head. "It's a prime number."

"Yeah but....there are 4 seasons in a year. 12 months. That's fine. But...." She turns to me. "Can you split a moon cycle?"

I widen my eyes. "You think yesterday was just like a first quarter?"

She nods. "It's my theory, yes."

"When will we turn back again?"

"I don't know."

"Will we turn back again?"

"I don't know."

"Does this delay the time we turn—"

"Jennie I don't know!" She growls. "Just stop with the questions for one minute and give me some peace to think!"

I close my mouth and sit my butt down, waiting for her as she sits down too and holds her paw to the middle of her head.

After what felt like 2 minutes of silence, she opens them and drops her paw. "Jennie. Let's find some sort of fortune teller here."

I blink. "What?"

She nods. "Most mystic arts people use moon calendars." She jumps off the bed.

"How do you know that?" I ask and follow her down.

We run out of the shelter at 8 am based on one of the digital clocks.

All the streets are empty except for some people opening up their small businesses.

"Jisoo. How do you know this?" I ask again as we run side by side.

"From movies," she says finally.

"Jisoo. Really?!" I ask incredulously.

Then her face lights up. "Yes! There's always a weirdo in every city!"

I follow her gaze to a man with a handlebar mustache and a triangle goatee, opening a small store named "Mystic Arts & Fortune Reads".

I glare at her but she ignores it and checks both ways before sprinting across the street shouting, "Jennie come on!" Her ears cutely flop up and down with her strides.

I shake my head. I think something is wrong with me. I can't possibly find just her cute. All dogs are cute.

I stop my wandering mind and run across, managing to slide into the door to see Jisoo staring the man in the eyes.

He smiles down at us. "Oh! What have we here? Some dogs that want their fortunes read?"

Jisoo looks at me. "I'll get my fortune read. You find the moon calendar and whether or not our theory is true."