Typa Girl That You Wanna Take Back To Your Mama House

"You know for a guy, you're actually not that bad," Jisoo says.

I raise an eyebrow at her while Gu-won laughs.

"Yeah. Tell that to my sister. I think she internally cringes whenever I say a singular word. Kari was always interesting."

"Is she Korean too?" I ask.

He looks back at me through the rear view mirror. "I'm sorry—I've been thinking about this since I saw you but....have we met before? I don't meet a lot of women but you seem really familiar."

I chuckle awkwardly. "I don't know how you would have met me. I'm poor. I was a maid in Virginia."

He shakes his head. "Darn! Okay....i was so sure. Sorry."

I smile and stare at him through the car's rear view mirror.

Did I really meet him? When did I? Was he a suitor that I rejected?

I really don't remember him.

Huh. Maybe I'll remember later.

"We're here!" He sings as he pulls up to an extremely large hotel.

I start to open the door but Gu-won opens it for me and holds out his hand. He smiles charmingly, "Let me?"

I shrug and grab Lisa in my arm and use his hand to get out.

I hear a loud slam and I physically jump with Lisa quacking when I turn around to see Jisoo with a stormy expression and Rosie sitting on her shoulder.

I sigh and go around the car to stand next to her.

"Why slam the car door? He's being nice to us!" I hiss to her in a low voice.

She stares at me. "I don't care."

I cross my arms over my chest and roll my eyes. "This is always you. Going back and forth. Between nice and mean. It's frustrating and annoying. Just stay quiet and we might survive this day."

"Fine," she says.

I glare at her. "You said a word."

She narrows her eyes and starts to fight with me when Rosie presses her small chipmunk hand to Jisoo's cheek and pushes her face forward.

Gu-won's smile falters when he sees us. "Is everything alright?"

"Perfect," Jisoo bites out.

I shake my head and go up to walk beside him. "Leave her. Take us to the room?"

He nodded and holds out his elbow cutely for me to hold.

I start to reach for it before sighing and turning back around.

I grab Jisoo's hand and lace our fingers tightly. She has a sort of surprised expression on her face. "Don't be a stubborn idiot. Come on." I tug her hand lightly and she starts walking with me as we follow Gu-won.

••••••••••

"Your room! I hope you guys enjoy the luxury for the day! The evening will be filled with lots of people and gowns—Oh that reminds me!" He pulls out his credit card and places it in my palm. "Have fun! Get yourself a dress sometime soon before the party! We have one for—" he stops and looks at Jisoo.

She glares. "Jisoo," she fills the gap for him.

He smiles nervously. "Rrrright! We have one for Jisoo already. Bye Jennie!"

He leaves with a soft click of the door and Jisoo scoffs, "I can't believe he forgot my name but remembered yours!"

I smile cheekily. "I'm just memorable I guess." I bounce my eyebrows and she just looks at me, not replying anything.