A Prince Not Even On My List

A/N: I am posting this chapter in honor of this story going #1 in duck! ❤️ 😁 Thank you!

••••••••••

"You know....for people that don't like each other a lot....you both are really close," Rosie observes as we walk down streets together.

Lisa is flying overhead to search for things that can take us but Rosie sits on Jisoo's back.

It probably looked unusual for a squirrel to be sitting a dog's back but no one stopped us.

Day 12 and only 6 days until we turn human again!

I glance once at Jisoo who is trying to dissuade Rosie that we're practically strangers and look front again.

I spent some time thinking....questioning....

I think....I think I like girls.

I don't know but after some thinking maybe I just didn't realize I did.

I never had any male actor crushes which frustrated my mother who wanted to talk to me about them. I had actress crushes when I was a teenager for the most part. Although I will admit, Park Seo-Joon is probably the only thing keeping me somewhat bi.

I just...I can't imagine how I would have such a hard crush seeing such a beautiful woman but I probably wouldn't feel that much of a man were in the same position.

I probably wouldn't have ogled as much.

I just always found women more...attractive than men. They always looked prettier. Looked sexier. Looked....wow, to put it simply.

I can't believe I'm admitting this but...

Jisoo is my gay awakening.

And that's HELLA embarrassing.

So you wanna know why I can't wait to turn human?

Because I can't wait to see my crush again.

••••••••••

"So how many girls have you dated?" I ask her casually.

Rosie giggles. "I like this question too!"

Jisoo laughs. "You both are expecting too much. I didn't date much."

"But you slept around?" I ask.

She looks at me. "Yes....I've had sex."

I look front again and she asks, "Why?"

"No reason," I say. "You really didn't date anyone? You didn't at all?"

She chuckles. "Didn't you hear me? I said I didn't date much. I dated....one person."

I turn my head. "Then do you have a type?"

Jennie.

You idiot.

That question is so obvious.

"Uh....not really. It just depends on how feel about the person. I don't sleep with the first person I see. I would rather get to know the person a little bit and then sleep with them. But I did make sure they didn't want to commit."

"What made your girlfriend so special?" I ask and look at her.

I can see the gears whirring in her head about whether she should tell me or not.

"She was my secretary," she says finally. "I know people thought I was taking advantage of her but I wasn't. If I had been then I would've used blackmail. However, we both liked each other and I dated her. I didn't play any favoritism. I genuinely dated her for a year. She was beautiful, kind, sweet....she was my best friend along with being my girlfriend."

I feel a twinge of tightness in my chest.

It's the same feeling I get whenever I saw kids my age laughing and playing while guards came to pick me up.

Jealousy.

I feel jealous that she's talking about someone so lovingly.

I nod. "She sounded special to you."

Jisoo nods. "She was. I....I liked her a lot."

I close my eyes and ask, "If you weren't cursed, would you go back to her? If you could...Would you?"

I open my eyes and she's stopped walking.

"I....." she looks at me. "Would I go back to her?"

I nod. "Yeah."

She checks behind her and Rosie is lying on her back, fast asleep.

She looks at me again. "I....I don't know."

"Why? I'm assuming you're not together because you got cursed."

She sighs. "It's complicated. I....I don't think I feel the same way about her anymore."

"What changed?"

She starts walking slowly and I walk beside her.

"I guess Time maybe....my feelings....she was my world and my feelings....just faded in time. At the moment I lost her, I felt like giving up everything. I couldn't find joy in life. Everything made me feel sad. But the years after....i had my family to support me and living as a dog made me appreciate new things. Made me see the world as not entirely cruel but that there is some goodness too."

She looks at me with a small smile.

"Jisoo....what would you be doing right now if you were human?"

"I don't know. I guess I would just be staying at home with my parents and watching a movie with them. Maybe one of those true crimes so that we can figure it out together before they tell us the answer. Normally on my one day with them, I just spend it telling them about my day and they give me food so that I can hide it some places when I'm a dog. Mostly everything is in preparation for what will happen when I'm a dog again. I would just want to spend some time with them and not worry that I'm running out of it."

I nod and she asks, "What about you?"

"Um...." I would probably be pushing off advances from my husband right now. "I guess I would just be in my room. Reading. Working. Hopefully doing something that involves not being stuck in my house all day," I sum up. I don't have to tell her the truth just yet. She already trusts me and it's not a big lie I'm telling by hiding the fact that my family is mega rich.

I'll just tell her later.

She nods. "Cool. That sounds nice. I would want to do that too."

"And you would be working as a lawyer?" I ask with a smile.

"I would. And I would have a hundred girls on my arms begging me to sleep with them," she says with a smile that has some sadness behind it.

I want to say something so I say, "I wish I could give you advice on heartbreak.... But I never felt it before."

"You never fell in love with someone?" She asks with surprise.

I shake my head. "I'm a romantic. I'm hoping that the one person I fall in love with....is the only person I'll ever love."

"May who ever it is," she says softly. "Be worthy to hold your heart in their hands. You deserve it Jennie."

••••••••••
To be continued 😉

A/N: Fun fact! Jennie realizing she's gay is how I first found out! Enjoy! 🫶😁