D-1

A wedding is an interesting thing to be honest.

It's basically a very formal way of saying: "I am marrying you and if I do anything bad to you then I will be booted from society."

I used to like watching rom-coms a lot when I was younger. I would sit alone in the gigantic living room at 13 or 14 and watch basically every rom-com in existence. Even the bad Hallmark ones.

It's always so simple. A girl and boy meet. They either get along or they don't. They keep ending up in situations together where they get to know each other and then it's happily ever after or one of them dies. Or sometimes both die. (I'm looking at you Romeo and Juliet! Even if it's Shakespeare, how could you kill Leonardo Dicapiro?! Did you watch the same sunrise scene with him that I did?!!!)

So I always thought that I would end up falling in love with some guy and they would take me away from my parent's house and we could live together happily.

I never thought I would be getting an arranged marriage to some asshole who has no respect for women.

It's the day before my wedding and everyone is a ball of crazy energy readying for it while I just want to have my last day of freedom.

I check the time and it's about 4 in the afternoon. If I start now then I can be home by 8.

I grab my hoodie and my baseball cap. I grab a mask too and wear some jeans. I lock my bedroom door and play loud music that will definitely drive my parents away or any maids.

I open my window and see the gigantic height. But I honestly don't care so I step onto the roof. I wore extra grippy sneakers so it should be okay. I carefully crawl across the expanse of the roof and see a drop down onto a lower one for the 3rd level. I throw one leg over the ledge until my toe comes in contact with the next roof. I step down and throw my other leg down.

I see a metal gutter pipe on the side that seems to run to the first floor. I grab it tightly and slowly go down it with my feet gently walking me down the wall. I lose my footing by some miss on the wall and I hold in my scream as I fall a few feet before I gain my senses and grab the pipe again.

I pant and I'm completely breathless while hugging the pillar like it's my saving grace. (It is.)

After I've calmed down, I slowly use my eyes to look down even though I'm still scared and I reach the second floor just as my mother comes closer to shut the curtains.

I gasp and turn my body to the side as I watch in anticipation as she walks to the window and stares out into the forest on the side.

I see her takes deep breath and turn to her left for one curtain and pulls it across. Then she turns in my direction for the right curtain and I think I'm going to get caught....

Her fingers grab the cloth and she freezes.

I'm dead. Shit! Fuck! I'm never going to leave the mansion again!

She looks back inside and walks away from the window.

Before she can come back, I climb my way down and the ground gets closer and closer....then my shoes touch the grass and I smile. Then I give a relived laugh before running along the wall.

I see a camera start to do its sweep towards me and I dive into a bush. The camera points in my direction and I pray for the alarm to not ring.

It turns away and I thank God.

I jump out and walk along the wall and right underneath the camera. Until I'm near the front of the house. I bend down and crawl under the windowsill before hiding behind another bush as I see a guard scroll across his phone and walk past. I see various guards walking around as well but if I can run the short distance to the maze then I should be good. And I know there's no cameras pointing to the tops of the fences. They all point to the walk way or the mansion.