No Love, Never, My Exes Know

The next few days that we love as dogs, we cross Ohio. All four of us work together and laugh and talk and just enjoy everything that happens around us.

The truck took us just over the border of Ohio so we had to walk across all by ourselves.

I'm going to turn human tomorrow. And then only 7 days more before all three of them find out the truth and I will be separated from them forever. I won't get to see Rosie running around and laughing. Lisa smiling at her and trying to control her. Jisoo....oh Jisoo....

I'll miss her the most. Jisoo and her protectiveness. Her rude attitude to everything except me makes me laugh. Her jokes. Her kind heart. Her feelings..... I would miss her so much.

"What are you thinking about?" Jisoo asks next to me and I turn my head to her.

Lisa and Rosie are just talking one or two feet in front of us and it's cute because Lisa has to bend all the way down to talk to Rosie scurrying on the ground.

I shake my head. "Nothing." I look up at the setting sun behind a large building. "Everything feels so nice now." I look back at her. "I'm afraid I would lose everything when I become human."

She comes closer to me so that our fur is touching. "I wouldn't let that happen. I would always find a way to be with you. We'll be together. Don't worry."

I just nod but I know the truth.

Even if I tried my hardest, my parents would never let me marry Jisoo....

And that breaks my heart.

••••••••••

We find another homeless shelter just like we planned but we have to cross the street.

Lisa flew over with Rosie on her back and I turn to Jisoo.

She nods. "Let's go first so that we don't get hurt amongst all the human legs."

I agree with her and when the cross walk turns to the walking human, I look at her and she nods.

I run across and I hear a car revving and horns honking loudly.

I stop.

I hear people exclaim, "THE DOG!" And I look at them all scared.

I turn my head and see a car driving quickly towards me.

Fuck.

I try to run across because I'm in the middle of the road but my small legs aren't quick enough and the car gets closer and closer.

And I squeeze my eyes shut before I'm thrown forward across the road and the car zooms by and stops suddenly.

I blink my eyes and I see Jisoo on top of me with tears in her eyes.

"Jennie?! Are you okay?!"

The driver comes to check on us and I see people run across with their phones to film us.