Don't Make Us Saints, We're Wards Of Pain

The next 3 days we spent walking around and chasing objects otherwise they would hit us with sticks.

I only dared to get hit once but Jisoo wasn't that easy to tame. She withstood 6 of them before I just told her: "Just listen or you'll die and you can't die on me. I won't let you."

After that she only listened to me and the men in charge took quick notes of that.

They built up our stamina for longer fights with the constant exercise and we were drained every night. We would fall asleep on each other exhausted.

It was horrible and the food was stale bread and questionable looking water. It was the conditions of every dog in their cages.

All of them looked drugged but we hadn't gotten that far. The dogs were normally drugged to be aggressive right before a fight and we thankfully didn't have to watch but Jisoo and I's imagination was enough.

The constant snarling, barking, jeering and yelling drove my mind insane.

But the whimpers and cries and shouts of joy when one of the dogs died pierced through my heart until everything just hurt.

We needed to escape and in between training, I only managed to find the exit as the stairs. There a coat closet with some spare clothes and bed in a room when we passed by a door once.

The basement is incredibly large without much lighting staying on.

Bulbs would flicker and everything was mostly fluorescent.

Every morning, we're under constant supervision to training for fights and every night we get locked in our cages.

It's day 8 since I transformed and I still don't know how we're going to escape.

••••••••••

My sleep gets stirred on day 9 when our cage gets opened early.

I don't know what the time is but my body is still tired so obviously it's too early for us to be awake.

"You both are going to be our next fight and we need to see your abilities. Let's start it early huh? What do you say Brownie?"

BROWNIE?!! WHO THE FUCK—oh wait.

I'm a brown Pomeranian. I guess I'm so tired I forgot that I'm a dog.

He scoops up Jisoo too and I see her eyes blink open sleepily and he takes us to the fighting room that's cleaned up from yesterday's blood.

He places us on the side and we sit together in fear as he whistles and the 2 pitbulls in front of us start lunging and scratching each other.

He makes us watch as the dogs' nails push into the skin of each other's and tear blood.

I look away but he forces me to watch.

"Nuh uh sweet puppy. You have to watch because this is going to be you tomorrow."

Tomorrow.

He lifts his hand off my head and Jisoo breathes heavily next to me as we watch the poor dogs start to bite each other, sharp canine teeth digging into skin and coming with blood.

He, the owner with his overgrown dark hair and cruel eyes, whistles and the dogs stop but still growl.

He calls people and 2 other teenage boys it seems like, look petrified as they strap caged muzzles on the dogs and tied their legs together before taking them away.

What a cruel world.

"Let's get the drug tested on them both," he tells a bald man that comes in.