Chapter 45 • My Name is Jake Sullivan

Hey guys! I was wondering, if you all prefer the Third Person POV or the personal ones, like ARIES/ARIEL?

  I personally like the Third Person POV more so that I could describe better. But I don't really mind changing things up.

  Please comment which you'd like more.

  Third Person

  Or

  Personal POVs

  Thank you!

  Now on with the story!
  ~

  Ariel's heart melted, and she smiled at Hades.
  "Yes, we are." She said, before they continued their path towards Aries' study.
  As they neared the room, loud voices of death threats and swear words were heard.
  Ariel didn't bother knocking, she barged right in, her eyes dead set on one person, and one person only.
  Michael.
  He was seething. His fangs on full display and his eyes black. But he was also battered & beaten.
  As soon as he saw her, his angry face fell.
  The armchair at Aries' desk was broken to pieces and his desk looked like it was going to give in in any second.
  "Didn't I tell you not to deal with him?" Hades' voice boomed at Aries.
  Aries snarled, "That runt came at me!" He growled.
  Ariel's eyes were dark as she stared into the soul of her EX best friend.
  "Get out." She spat.
  "A-Ariel I-"
  "Get. The. Fuck. Out. Or else." She sneered.
  People suddenly filed into the room.
  "Ariel? What happened?" Elizabeth's voice sounded softly.
  Ariel was quiet for a couple of seconds.

  She shut her eyes tightly as she tried to block the old memories of Michael from hounding her head.
  Pulling in a deep breath, she began to speak slowly, "Michael is dead." She said, her voice just above a whisper as she revealed her cool silver eyes once more.
  Elizabeth looked confused, she knitted her eyebrows as she looked at Michael and back at Ariel. "D-dead? Dead how Ariel? He's standing right there?"
  Ariel shook her head. "No Liz, our best friend is dead. This person standing in front of me isn't Michael. He's a traitor. A traitor to me, to you, to our pack, and the whole werewolf race. He's a hollow shell of our childhood best friend. But Michael Davis is dead, may the goddess have mercy on his soul. Our Michael is gone."
  "No, no, no please Ariel don't say that. It's me, it's Michael, I'm here." He begged, taking a couple of steps forward towards Ariel, but she took double the steps back.
  Ariel took a defensive stance, shaking her head as tears blurred her vision.
  He tried to near her again but she extended her arm to push him away as the tears began to fall down her cheeks.
  "How could you!" She screamed at him as she fell apart, unable to contain herself anymore. "You traitor! You are no longer my Beta! You are no longer a member of our pack! You. Are. Nothing."
  Michael shook his head his eyes widening in horror, "I didn't know what else to do! Your mate killed my mate! What did you expect!" He yelled at her ferociously, curling his fists tightly, his nails digging into his palms as he clenched his jaws.
  "I expected you to be loyal, you son of a bitch!" She yelled back.
  Michael growled loudly, smacking her across the face, hard, sending her stumbling back to the ground.
  Aries roared, pouncing onto Michael with a fist to his jaw, as he pummeled him to the floor near the office desk.
  Hades and Elizabeth were at Ariel's side in a flash helping her up.
  Jake rushed into the room looking out of it, "What the hell is going on?" He growled, but one look at Ariel and he put the pieces together.
  Aries kept attacking Michael, one blow after the other.
  Michael was able to free a hand and grabbed onto a sharp long piece of wood from the broken armchair and jabbed it into Aries' shoulder blade from behind as it pierced his flesh and came out the other side.
  Ariel screamed as she watched in horror and tried to intervene, but Hades restrained her, grabbing onto her arm so tightly it left a mark.
  Aries grunted in pain, but he didn't stop punching Michael. The adrenaline was pumping high into his veins and he couldn't feel a thing.
  Jake pried Aries off of Michael, "Enough! We need to get you to the medical center."
  "No! That bastard laid his filthy hands on my mate!" Aries snarled.
  "Let Ariel handle him. She can handle him, Aries." Jake said.
  Aries gritted his teeth and winced as the pain from his injury ached. He looked at Ariel, unsure before she nodded encouraging him to leave. He took in a breath and nodded then turned his back heading towards the door leaning on Jake.
  Michael spat blood on the ground and got up, his face bloodied. Then he took this chance to grab another stake of wood only to charge at Aries once more.
  Ariel noticed and freed herself from Hades roughly, before charging at Michael and grabbing onto the raised wood mid-air, "Don't. You. Touch. Him." She growled, her eyes gleaming as she yanked the stake out of his grip and whacked his head with all the force she could muster, knocking him out cold.
  Ariel's legs gave in as she fell to the ground and wept.
  A warm arm snaked around her frail body, wrapping her tightly in his grip.
  "It'll be okay," Aries soothed as he kissed the top of her head.
  "H-He hurt you..." she stuttered.
  "I'm okay. I'll be okay." He cooed before mind linking Jake to bring Dr Darren to the house instead.
  ~
  Ariel