Chapter 18 ∘ Home

Pic to the side is Adrien! Idk who that adorable boy is, but he's exactly the way i imagine Adrien.

Ariel

Recap

•Was he crazy?

Greek gods don't exist!

I'm imagining things.

What if i was imagining Aries?

I reached out to touch his face, and he shut his eyes.

I retracted my hand, as if it just got burned.

Nope. He was real.

Maybe i was the crazy one?•

Aries stared at me with panic evident in his eyes.

He tried to reach out for me but i flinched away.

I had no words. None. Because i couldn't understand.

But i did say the only thing i do understand.

"Take me home."

"W-what?"

"Please, take me home," i pleaded softly, my voice straining in the end.

Aries opened his mouth to speak but one look into my eyes made him close it right back.

He nodded, and i got up.

I walked out of the mansion, with Aries trailing behind silently. I didn't take a thing with me. I didn't need to.

Michael, Aries is taking me home, i'll be back. I mind-linked.

What happened? He linked back.

I'll tell you later.

Are you safe?

Yes, i just need to see my dad. I linked before cutting off the link completely and blocking him out of my mind.

"Can we take a car instead? I don't feel like running..."

Aries nodded stiffly, his hard face back intact, his eyes were distant, and they looked contemplating.

We headed towards his garage, and he looked at me, waiting for me to pick.

I smiled, and remembered the first time i came here.

With a half smile on my face, i traced the garage, my eyes landing on a dark red Jeep Cherokee.

"That one please," i said softly.

He picked out the key to that car, and headed towards it.

I trailed behind him, trying to match my smaller strides with his large ones.

He stood at my side and held the door open for me to get in.

I got in and waited for him to come around to the other side.

As he got in the car, i gave him a little thank you, which he didn't reply to, before everything went silent.

He drove out of the garage and out of his home property, through the big steel gates, and onto the road.

He was very silent, and i felt that it's because he thinks i broke my promise. I didn't, i just need to see my dad and make sure that this guy isn't a nut-job or a wacko psycho that believes in greek mythology, and not just believes in it, but thinks that he's part of it. I mean, i'm as interested in greek myths as much as the next person, but come on! Couldn't the only guy i really felt attracted to, be mentally stable? I know that i let Michael kiss me, but it was nothing serious, i was trying to compare him to Aries, as selfish as that sounds. I wanted to figure out whether or not Aries could really be my mate. But now that he's got a loose screw in that head of his, i don't believe that i could think of us together.