Chapter 37 • The Fates

I'm soooo sorry guys!
Not proofread.

Recap

"What is it Hermes?" Inquired Aries, curiosity lacing his voice.

Hermes' eyes locked with mine, looking apologetic.

I gulped as i took small steps towards him, a frown on my face.

"Ariel, your parents are here, your mother is hysterical. She's waiting for you downstairs."

"W-what happened?" I asked my voice just above a whisper.

Hermes bit his lower lip nervously, "I-it's your baby brother...he's gone."

~

It was like everything turned into slow motion.

Hermes was talking, but I couldn't hear him.

Aries watched me worriedly a grave look in his eyes.

My body shook.

In rage? Fear?

I didn't know what i was feeling exactly, but my hands were shaking, my legs felt like jello, and i felt my blood turn into ice while my heart raced like a hummingbird.

My legs felt like giving in.

What did he mean Adrien was gone?

Gone where? He knew better than to leave without asking permission.

My baby brother was not gone.

He couldn't be.

Where would he go?

Hermes didn't know what he was talking about. He didn't know Adrien like i did. Adrien was sweet, sheltered, and he wouldn't do that to us.

May be i should talk to my mom. She'll tell me what was really going on. Yeah. That's it. He's probably doing all this to get my attention. Since I haven't been around for quite a bit. He just wants me to come home, so he's doing this to make me stay with him. I promised him I wouldn't leave or at least i'd visit often. I've been so caught up with Aries and his whole world, i messed up my priorities. Like my baby Adrien. When he learned how to talk he used to call me mama all the time. May be it was the big age gap or because i took care of him whenever mom was busy on Luna duties. I changed his diapers and fed him, he used to love mashed sweet potatoes. I sang him to sleep, i was there through his first words, first steps, and well, worst of all, the potty training. He's my baby, too. I haven't been a good sister to him so he's mad at me. I walked past Hermes, feeling a pit form in my stomach. I ran down the stairs as i called out for my mother.

I hadn't realized it, but apparently i was screaming. Elizabeth and Eric came out of their room, worry and confusion on their faces.

"Ariel! What's wrong? Why are you screaming?" Liz inquired her voice ringing from the stairwell.

Why was i screaming?

What was happening?

I walked into the living room, my mom was passed out on the couch with Dr Darren by her side taking her blood pressure. On the opposite couch sat my dad and his eyes were bloodshot.