Chapter 20 ∘ Woman In Black

Hello again!

Yay! An update! I know it's kinda short, but i was thinking if you guys would like short and frequent updates? Or long and slow updates? Idk. I couldn't decide. But i'll do whatever you guy vote for.

Anyway, Thankyou for all the comments and votes! They're very encouraging!

Another thing, is, to my readers who think my book is 'Cliché' idc. Like seriously, i just go with the flow, and i'm writing whatever i want to write. Also, this is my first werewolf book, and first book of my own creation, so give me a break, and stop with the negative thoughts, because i seriously dgaf. I have positive readers that do like this book, and i'm writing for them and myself, we don't need your negativity, so take it elsewhere. If you don't like it, don't read it, i'm not forcing you to read my book.

Enough of my rant.

So without further ado...

Ariel

Recap

•I gulped, "He said something, unbelievable. We were talking, and one thing lead to another. By the end of our conversation, he was telling me about himself. Said something about greek myths, olympians, witches, a guardian, and a great battle. Does anything like that make sense to you?"

My father's eyes widened and he looked at me with sheer skepticism, before nervously replying, "He told you?"

Well, that settles that. I guess 'crazy' runs in the family.•

"What do you mean 'he told you'? You knew?" I growled, feeling enraged that nobody decided to tell me earlier.

My father's eyes softened, "I'm sorry.." he stated, "I thought i was protecting you. I thought may be nothing would happen and everything the ancestors told us as pups would be a bunch of BS but no. It's real. It's too dangerous for you to be here when the battle occurs. Different creatures will be fighting each other, and witches are cunning, manipulative, and sly. I can't protect our family. It's physically impossible." He said, anger lacing his voice as his green eyes darkened.

My father gritted his teeth and shut his eyes tightly.

When he reopened them, the piercing green colour of his eyes returned.

My father looked like he was contemplating or trying to remember something. Once it hit him, his eyes brightened, "Unless.." he spoke.

"Unless?" I drawled out looking at him patiently.

"Unless we find the guardian.."

As soon as those words left his mouth, my heart stopped. Well, almost.

Aries...

My father didn't know that Aries was the guardian.

"W-what about him?" I asked, nervously.

"He's the only one that can save you all. We have to find him." He stated, shooting out of his place.

Dad began his path out of his office and i hurried behind him.

"Wait! Daddy! Wait!" I called out, but it was no use. He already started giving out orders for a search around the premises and started calling other Alphas for a Lycanthrope emergency meeting.

Panic settled inside of me. What if Aries didn't want this getting out? What if this was a secret! I was trying to make sure he wasn't crazy...I didn't mean to cause a panic!

I turned away from the office's door, and headed up the stairs, sprinting, directing my legs towards Aries' room.

"Aries!" I called out before barging into his room.