Chapter 17 ∘ Curiousity Kills The Cat

Ariel

Recap

All i could do was stare behind him and wonder, who was Alpha Aries?

Finally, my curiosity overcame my logic.

I was going to uncover all his secrets. I will find out, who Alpha Aries really is.•

'Rodolpho' had brought my Caesar Salad, and i consumed it in less than 10 seconds. I kind of gobbled it all up.

After i was done, i set the plate aside on the coffee table and decided to snoop around.

Starting with the forbidden room.

You shouldn't be snooping around, my wolf sang.

Why not? He would, if our positions were switched, i countered.

Remember the last time he caught us there? She reminded me.

I cringed inwardly, but shook my head, obstinate to find out who that man really was.

We have the right to know who the man we're living with, under the same roof, really is! I growled.

My wolf hummed, then defeatedly agreed, when you're right, you're right...let's go!

I crept out of the room, and headed for the 'forbidden' room.

Before landing a hand on the door knob, i began to listen in for any sounds or shuffling made around the manor by Aries. There were none.

I could literally hear my heart thudding against my ribcage due to how quiet it was. I could seriously imagine The Pink Panther's theme song playing in the background.

I placed my hand on the knob and twisted it ever so cautiously, just in case Aries was around.

I carefully pushed the door open, making sure not to make a sound.

As the door opened wide, it creaked at the end, making me curse under my breath before i fleetly entered and gently shut the door behind me.

I turned around to face the room, and decided to look through the letters first. If i could only find them, things would be much easier.

I looked towards the area where i last left them, but they were nowhere to be found.

I huffed my shoulders slumping in defeat.

We cannot give up! We've come so far...My wolf urged.

With a deep breath of encouragement, i kept looking.

I found a dusty old box, and opened it, curiously. There were old photos, more like paintings. A man that looked nothing like Aries, with a woman that looked just like him but with feminine features, stared back at me. The man, had dark pitch black hair, and what seemed to be bluish-grey eyes, like mine. His eyes seemed to carry a storm, filled with emotions. He was sat on a Bergère chair, with the woman on his lap. His hair was done back slickly, and he had a smile on his face, but it didn't reach his eyes. That smile, reminded me so much of Aries'. When i looked at the the two people from afar, i thought that Aries resembled the woman more, but as i looked at the man closely, i found that he had more in common with Aries than i thought. The man's lashes were dark and thick, his jaw-line prominent, and his face seemed rough as stone. Another feature that reminded me of Aries. If i could reach his face and may be stroke it, would it soften like Aries' usually does? The man was mysterious and beautiful. He was seriously handsome. His chest and shoulders, seemed firm and wide. The woman, had striking blue eyes, just like Aries, with lighter shade hair. He had her straight nose. She had a bubbly wide grin on her face, and she sat perfectly on the man's lap. She had a petite figure. Her eyelashes were long but not quite as thick as the man's. She had wide doe eyes unlike the man's who had almond shaped eyes. Her hair was light brown and long, it reached her waist, and almost covered the hand that held a tight grip on her. I could tell that his fingers were digging into her dress out of protectiveness and possessiveness. They looked elegant and perfect. Like they came out of one of those love movies, where people loved each other at first sight and forever. Recently, even mates began rejecting each other, and it saddened my heart to think that things aren't like they used to be.