Chapter 26 ∘ The Furies

Sorry for the late update. FORGIVE ME PLS.

Third Person.

12 of them.

Women.

They were gathered in a circle with one lady in the middle.

Holding hands. They were chanting something in a rhythmic matter around their leader. Like music to the ears. Suddenly their chants became louder, more commanding as they gazed up to the dark sky, their eyes rolled back. Thunder shook the earth as lightening designed the sky and came booming to the ground revealing its wrath.

Fire ignited between them forming star shaped pattern with many angles.

One by one, a woman would scream in the middle of her chant then fall to the ground.

As the last woman in the middle chanted loudly, on her own, the fire rose and roared growing ablaze, she whispered one last meaningful sentence, as she shook violently, "The Furies," she said, before she fell, and it all seized.

Ariel

What was taking him so long?

I wonder what father wants with Aries. Was he angry with him? Was he happy with him for getting me back? Or were they planning something nice for my return?

I contemplated many scenes on how things would go on from here. Finally some peace. Aries was my mate, my family and friends were safe and everything was good in the world.

Lost in my train of thoughts i didn't hear the commotion that was coming from downstairs.

My eyebrows knitted in confusion as i plucked myself out of bed and hurried to investigate the best i can with my battered, slowly healing, body.

As soon as i reached the last flight of stairs, everything seemed quiet. Too quiet. I slowly crawled nearer to Aries' office trying to eavesdrop.

Suddenly, loud growls were heard and a large body of fur was tossed out of Aries' office, breaking the door into pieces as pricks of wood scattered everywhere.

Women screamed and gasped, while the men began growling and yelling at each other. Some giving orders, others complying.

A large black wolf stepped out of the room seething with rage & anger, towering over everyone and everything. While the other large grey wolf growled back, after it picked itself up, daring the black one to make another move.

I stared at the two wolves for a second before my mind caught up with what was happening.

Aries & my father were fighting, threatening to kill each other.

I gasped loudly, drawing everyone's attention, before anger and fear flooded through me. I growled and yelled at the top of my lungs, "ENOUGH!"

The two wolves got distracted and their growling seized, i looked at Aries' wolf, "If you hurt my father, i will leave, and you will never see me again!" I gritted out. Aries' wolf looked guilty, he tried to stare me down competitively, i sharpened my gaze showing him how serious i was trying to be, causing his ears to fall as he backed away. His anger suddenly dispersed, and i could feel some of his emotions swerve through me. He was worried and afraid. As if he were scared that i'd part with him.

My eyes softened, then i switched my gaze to my father's wolf, that was just about to attack Aries while he was distracted by me.

My gaze hardened as i narrowed my eyes at my father, he looked like he was about to pounce, but i growled, "Don't you dare lay a paw on him, father!"