The Forget Bite

Hi my lovelies! Finally have time to update my books this summer. Thank you so much for the 6.98k readers! Yall are truly MVP, thank you for supporting my book. I am also creating a new book called 'The Hunter's Mate', just started it so if you have any ideas for it or any of my books just comment on them and I will surely put them in! I love yall! <3
-Cel😘

~~~Braxton's P.O.V.~~~

I raced up the stairs like crazy, I broke 2 of the railings and 10 steps. My wolf was pissed at so many options I wouldn't know if he took over me or I was in control. I broke the door to the lab off its hinges, my skin began steaming and my bones started cracking. I was about to shift. And nothing goes right when an alpha shifts.

"Alpha!" The head doctor exclaimed shockingly. He moved toward me giving me a glimpse of my Katlyn. Her whole body shook for a good ten seconds then would stop then start again.

"What's happening to her?!" I roared with another voice joining me and I knew it was my inner wolf, Xander. Everyone jumped at the sound because the alphas combined showed their power.

"I don't know sir. She was doing fine, then all of a sudden she starts moving and screaming." He explained, but I was too pissed. I raced to her and grabbed her hand in mine while the other one gripped her shoulder. "Katlyn! Baby wake up!" I urged her but someone else gripped my shoulder forcing me to turn around.

"Alpha that won't help. You know that..."

"WELL DO SOMETHING! STOP WHATS HAPPENING TO HER!!" I roared throwing my hands in the air, I growled and turned and punched the wall making a huge whole and it crumbled down.

"Alpha! I can't do anything. Since Alpha Alec--" I grabbed him by his shirt and brought him up but since he was my height his feet were still on the floor.

"He is not your Alpha! Do you understand me?! I am! You obey me not him!"

"Braxton!" Jane forcing me to let go of Doctor Grier. "He's trying his best to save your mate. Listen to him." I let out a frustrated grunt and ran my hands threw my hair roughly.

"Sir, when Alec gave her this particular bite it was no ordinary bite. A girl can only get marked or bitten by her mate, but if it's not her mate she could possibly go insane. But in this situation when he gave her this bite, he was already psycho after being banished and as he was the alp--" I growled at that but Jane and Harry held me back. "Alpha's can't think straight without leading a pack. So when he gave her this bite, something changed, she would normally shift into a wolf and go completely insane, but for some reason her body isn't responding to its new form." He drew a wide circle around her head and heart, "She has some how managed to block this power from ever reaching her and she's losing a lot of energy which is why she's dying."

"So what does that mean?" I asked breathing hard trying not to rip anyone's head off.

"There's something in her body that isn't allowing her to take this in. She could have some sort of power already in her causing it to protect her but is losing at the same time."

"How do I save her?" I asked whimpering looking at her. I couldn't lose her. I could never. If I did, I don't know what I'd do. She is my everything. "I don't know sir. This has never happened before and frankly don't know how to stop this. We can only pray that she will take it in..."

I yelled and banged my fists against the wall and leaned my head on it. This couldn't be happening, it can't happen, Katlyn couldn't die.

'My mate.' Xander whimpered, 'She's leaving us.'

He was right. She was dying fast and we could feel it. My heart being crushed and my mind losing focus, and getting all blurry. Mates will do that to you, you can't let them go.

'I will not let her die on you or me.' I confirmed to Xander and pushed him out of my mind and turned around.

"I have to do it." I stated. Everyone's looked at me puzzled.

"Do what Alpha?" One asked.

"I'm giving her the Forget Bite."

Their eyes grew huge, "Sir...the Forget Bi--" I held my hand up and they stopped talking.

"I know. It's risky. But what choice do I have? I can't let her go, I love her too much to see her die, she's my mate and I will absolutely not let her die."

The doctor looked at Katlyn then back at me with sad eyes, "Braxton...she won't know who you are. She won't remember you, she will only remember her past life."

"I know. I got her to fall in love with me once...I can do it again. I'd rather her forget me than spend her last minutes alive knowing that I couldn't save her." I walked slowly to her and kissed her hand.

There was silence.

"Okay. Lets try this." He ordered. All the nurses began tying her down to the bed, hooking her up to more wires and tools. I took a deep breath, I would bite her on her pulse on her wrist. The bite would connect to every bone in her body, I couldn't use her neck because it was already infected with different bites she would surely die.

"Ready sir?" One nurse said, her hand on the button where after I bite her all the tubes that were in her would start working.

I nodded, "Yes. I love you." I whispered in Katlyn's ear.

I took a deep breath, and in one second I enter my fangs into her wrist hoping to save her. After I did, nothing happened, but then everything started moving. The monitors began jumping, all the equipment was starting to un hook, all the nurses kept a hold on them. I looked at Katlyn and my eyes widened. Her whole body trembled and shook so forcefully that her bonds began to break away, her mouth opened and she began gagging like there was no air and she was in outer space.

"Now!" Grier shouted, and the nurse slammed her hand on the red button and Katlyn began screaming. Her eyes opened and glowed gold so brightly that we all fell back hiding from the light.

"WHATS HAPPENING TO HER?!" I screamed over the noise.

"The wolf spirit is leaving her body! Gretta get the-aakk!" Grier got cut off when an IV full of water smacked him in the head. Then everything stopped, Katlyn's body became still and everything was quiet. I rushed over to her not caring about how bad the lab looked, I gripped her hand, "Katlyn. Katlyn. Are you there baby?" I repeated over and over but she didn't respond. Her life remained lifeless and her eyes never opened.

The heart monitor's chart was just a straight line, I could feel the tears starting to form in my eyes. I hoped for the bite to work...but Katlyn was dead.

"I'm sorry Braxton." Grier said apologetically, Jane put her arms around my neck hugging me. I leaned into her arms crying, my mate was dead.

"Wait. Mr. Grier!" Gretta called to him, he hurriedly walked to her looking into the machine. "S-Sh-She's alive! Ka-Katlyn survived!" She chatted excitedly, shaking his shoulders, I looked at where they were and she was right. All the monitors started showing progress, instead of just straight lines, they were going up and down. She was alive.

"Oh Katlyn. I'm so sorry baby, for everything. Thank you! Oh baby I missed you so much. I love you." I cried happily and kissed her, but as soon as I did I was pushed away. Not by anyone else but Katlyn.

Her eyes flew open confused, "I'm sorry...do I know you?"