Frozen

I hope y'all like this chapter!

Braxton will discover her secret...

-C.W.
--------------------
~~~Braxton~~~

*Week Later*

"Katlyn c'mon, you have to eat something." I begged offering a spoonful of soup to her mouth but she turned away.

"I told you I'm not hungry." She snapped throwing the blanket over her head.

I set the soup and the tray down on the table.

"You haven't eaten in over a week. I'm worried about you."

She pulled the covers off so I could see her face.

"Well you shouldn't be and if you were worried about me you would've saved Ryan." She growled and I felt a pang in my chest.

There had been an accident, when the bomb crashed onto my land.

I was able to rescue Katlyn but when I went back there were no signs of Ryan.

I had assumed that he was fine and escaped but she didn't seem to think so.

"Baby I told you...my men were out looking for him we tried but we just couldn't find him." I reached for her hand but she slapped mine away.

She shook her head. "Trying isn't the same as doing. You don't want him found you want him dead because he likes me and you can't stand it."

She turned her back on me and I almost felt broken on the inside.

She was hating on me so much because of it and I didn't understand why.

"That's not true, honey you know it's not true--"

"It's not?!" She shrieked sitting up glaring at me, "Oh I think it is, why else leave Ryan in the fire while you only rescued me?"

"Your my mate! Of course I was going to save you first but I was also going to go back for him!" I yelled back.

Now I was beyond sad now I was pissed, for her treating me like this.

I have done everything for her I gave her time to talk to him about who knows what.

Now she throws a fit because I couldn't save him in time?

She scoffed. "I'm 'your' mate. You don't even know me, Ryan kn--he kn..."

Suddenly she just burst into tears, she buried her face in her hands and she cried.

I sat still, I didn't know his death had such an impact on her.

"Ryan, oh Ryan!" She bawled shaking and I wrapped my arms around her.

I sat on the bed and pulled her onto my lap, I rocked her side to side trying to calm her down.

'I hate seeing her in pain.' Xander whimpered sadly.

'Me too.' I responded.

She lifted her head to look at me, "He's never coming back is he?"