His Secret: PT 1

~~~ Braxton's POV~~~

" Does she know?" Hayden asked eyeing me.

" No. She's in the room asleep right now, I can't tell her yet." I shook my head.

" Alpha, if I may... but you must tell her before she finds out by someone else." One of Hayden's triplet brother, Jayden said.

I titled my head, " What are you talking about?" I set the papers down in front of me and stared at Jayden.

Kayden, the other triplet, said, " Sir... your twin is not dead, he's alive."

"WHAT?! NO! THAT CANT BE!?" I roared standing up, the whole room started shaking from my anger that my jerk of a brother is alive.

" Shhhhh. Braxton calm down, your going to wake her." Jane said placing her hand on my shoulder. I growled for Kayden to keep talking.

" We spotted your brother during our night patrol. He tried getting in the land but we chased him away but sir... he looked different."

" What kind of different?" I snapped.

" His eyes... his eyes were red, like bloodshot red." He said looking down.

I shook my head, " Well next time when y'all are on patrol capture him and bring him to me. Meeting adjourned. I need to see my mate."

...

Katlyn laid with her head on my pillow with the sheets wrapped tightly around her. I smiled that she was safe and happy here, I walked over and sat down next to her and brushed my fingered against her smooth cheek. Her eyes fluttered open and sparkled into mine, she sat up.

" Hi." She smiled. " Hi." I replied and kissed her softly. " So hey, I have to leave for work can I trust you to stay here?"

She giggled, " Ya. What do you do?"

" I... uh-- build houses? Yes!" I guessed.

Ok not the brightest choice of a lie job but it's all that I could come up with. I know I'm not good at lying but hopefully she won't notice. Truth was I had to go see the elders today but couldn't tell her about that.

" Okay. When will you be back?" she sat up leaning against my chest.

" About... 5."

" Okay. I'm going to take a shower."

I nodded. She walked in and closed the door, I went into my dresser and changed into some jeans and a black v neck shirt. Katlyn came out in short jeans shorts with a white v neck shirt while putting her hair into a ponytail. But damn! She looked so hot! She smiled and walked to me and gave me a hug, wrapping her arms around my neck. I lifted her up so that she was level with me and kissed her, Xander purred inside of me urging me to take her right now.

She ran her hands in my hair as we kissed harder, I turned around and pushed her against the wall gripping the back of her thighs. She moaned as I began to rub the back of her thighs, she pulled away us both breathing breathlessly.

" Was that a good-bye kiss?" she raised her eyebrow.

" No. That was I-love-you kinda kiss." I chuckled.

She laughed, " Well your one heck of a kisser." I pecked her lips and set her down, Xander mentally slapped me for letting her go.

" You gotta get to work or you'll be late."

" Eh who cares if I'm late."

" I care." she giggled. " And stop giving me that face!" I gave her the I-know-you-want-to-kiss-me-kinda-face.

" One more?" I pouted. She crossed her arms and let out a sigh, " Grrr. Fine." She leaned up and kissed my cheek. " Hey!"

" Now go. Your gonna be late." she smirked, I rolled my eyes and walked out.

...

" Is there any new news that has been happening since 5 months ago?" One of the elders said.

We have been here for 5 hours and I was all ready missing my mate! The thought of her laying on our bed probably watching netflix in that hot outfit, I shivered.

" Braxton?"

" What sorry. What did you say?" I said snapping out of my thoughts.

" I asked if there were any new news?"

" Oh yeah. I found my mate." I stated proudly.

Elderly Joanna smiled and praised, " Congratulations Braxton. You must be so excited! When will we get to see her?"

Uh oh.

I cleared my throat, " Uh... about that. She can't come see y'all."

Elder Paul titled his head, " Why can't she come see us? She's a werewolf so she would know our customs--"

" That's the thing. She's not a werewolf. She's human."

" Your mate is human?" Joanna asked shockingly.

I nodded, " Yes. She doesn't know anything all she knows right now is that I'm supposed to be building houses right now--"

" This can't be right!" Paul exclaimed, " Your the most powerful Alpha in the United States. You have worked too hard for this role, and to let it be thrown away by your mate who is a human and who can't carry on this tradition! She can't be a true Luna of this pack if she doesn't know our secret!"

I slammed my fist on the table startling everyone, " You don't have a right to criticize my mate! You do not chose what's right for my pack, only I do! Not you. Your not the Alpha I am and you will treat me and your Luna with respect. I don't care if she is human she is my mate and you know how hard it is to be separated from your mate, you should know! So don't you dare go babbling bad things about my mate."

Everyone was stunned at what I had to say but I didn't. I felt proud that I had a mate, and I felt proud that they will never hurt her because she isn't a werewolf.

" I'll give you one month." Paul stated.

" Excuse me?" I snarled.

" You have one month to tell your mate about us and if you don't or if she fails to accept the role of the Luna then we will be forced to intervene and take her away."

" What? No. Hell no! You can't do that!" I roared.

" Meeting adjourned." and he slammed the ballet on the table.

I ran my hand over my face in frustration. But then something happened. I felt electricity shoot through my body and I collapsed onto the floor.

" Alpha!" Joanna called racing toward me while the other followed.

I couldn't breathe or talk like my breath was blocked. I clawed at my heart and chest and whimpered in the excruciating pain, I could feel my heart being ripped and crushed into pieces.

" What's wrong with him?!" Joanna exclaimed.

I rolled around whimpering and still clawing at my heart but then the pain stopped.

" Alpha! What happened?!" Paul asked.

I didn't know what happened, but then I remembered. If something can cause this much pain then there's only one explanation--

" K-Ka-Katlyn. She's in trouble."