Taken

I ran out of the house the smell of smoke running through the air causing me to cough. My mom picked me up and started running with the other mothers holding their child's. The fathers went to go fight the 'fire burners' I didn't know what they were called I was 11. There were bombs falling from the sky and gun shot noises, I cried while holding my ears I felt like my ear drums were going to pop.

Up ahead there were men with guns forming a line blocking our path. The front line got on their knees and took their aim, my mom dodged their shots and his behind the burning house. She cradled me in her chest, covering my head with her arms as more bombs fell.

" We're going to die." I whimpered. " No. We're going to live through this, we need to live." she whispered.

More smoke was spreading, the blue sky turned black and gray. " I'm going to get you out of here." She promised. She got up and started running behind the houses, she grabbed a blanket and put it over my head.

There were screams and shouts everywhere, I saw a woman and her kid lying on the ground dead, a man ran to them crying and he too was shot. The poor family was gone and their baby was just born like 4 months ago. Someone raised their gun and hit my mom in the head and we fell on the floor. The man stood above us with an evil grin on his face, my mom ran and grabbed his gun they both tugged on it until he finally pushed her. She stumbled backwards and the other men caught her and held her from screaming.

He yanked me up by my arm probably leaving a bruise. He tossed me to some man next to him, my mom started screaming as he dragged me away. Her hand reached out and mine to, we both pulled the people who held us, we barely touched each other's fingers. I could feel her slide something into my hand I caught it and they picked her up and took her away.

They dragged me to their truck and through me in the trunk where all their supplies were. As they drove off like at 70 miles an hour. My head kept hitting the top of the board giving me a headache, I clutched the ring my mom passed me. It was two diamonds together in a heart shape, I put it on my right hand the second to last finger. I cried into my hands that covered my face.

Was this the last time I would see my parents? What's going to happen to me? All I wanted was my mom and dad right now... questions ran through my head. I cried my self to sleep even though my head keep banging the car. Morons.