Chapter 7

The meal wasn’t too bad. There was no conversation, but it wasn’t awkward, and even though I wasn’t hungry, the food was just right for my mouth. The menus were prepared without being too spicy and were suitable for eating on an empty stomach for breakfast or lunch.

Kwon Yido left the house after eating, and before leaving the house, he gave various instructions to his employees. At first glance, the main message was to show me to my room and not bother me.

“You can use this room.”

Kwon Yido’s house was a single-family home with three floors above and a ground floor, and the room I was going to use was the last room on the second floor with a panoramic view of the garden. The gruff employee personally opened the door and left the room, saying I could freely use the items inside.

“…It’s luxurious.”

That was exactly my first impression. Not only was the bedroom and the living space separated but there was even a private bathroom and dressing room inside. A place that felt more like a home than a room. I didn’t expect to be given a nook of a space, but then again I didn’t expect such a luxurious space to be provided.

I slowly entered the room, looking around. The overall pale interior gave off a more comfortable and cozy atmosphere than my house. Every little detail, such as the billowy curtains and the flower pots decorated in the corners, showed that a lot of effort was put into it.

Do I like this?

All the furniture was to my taste, to the point where I thought that way. Even the soft but heavy bedding. Did he have good sense, or was he just lucky? I felt it since the engagement ceremony, but he was full of surprises.

Even as I reached the dressing room, my impressions did not change. Aside from the clothes hanging in rows, there was even a wristwatch and tie pin in one drawer. I hope he didn’t bring it by mistake. Was there any reason to store such high-end brands in my dresser?

“I’m not going to use it anyway…”

It was too much for me, who was now unemployed. No, I wasn’t initially interested in such expensive accessories.

The next destination was a bathroom with a large bathtub. As I expected, there were various bath products lined up in the cupboard. The round thing produced foam…Was it salt in that glass bottle?

“…”

I sat on the edge of the bathtub in a daze. When I touched the edge with my hand, I felt the cold energy unique to marble. As I raised my head, I could see the open sky beyond the glass window on the ceiling.

As Kwon Yido said, it was a bathtub where I wanted to soak myself in bath salts. The weather was nice, so just looking at the sky would make time pass so quickly. No, on the contrary, even if it rained, the ricocheting water droplets might be pretty.

‘I wish I could see the sky from the bathtub.’

I said that…but who did I tell it to?

I stretched out my hand and tried to cover half of the green landscape. The clouds that appeared between my fingers slowly flowed outside the window like a turtle. Memories that came to mind at first glance also disappeared without a trace as soon as I blinked.

“…C’est la vie.”

It was a leisurely time. A time when I didn’t have to worry about anything and could relax. A day where I could eat the food prepared according to time and welcome Kwon Yido home from work.

A future I never experienced was depicted in detail as if it happened yesterday. It was a series of boredom that was obvious even if I didn’t notice it. I closed my cold eyes and thought to myself.