Chapter 8

The marriage between us was not the result of sweet love. It was a promise between one company to another; a clear contract. It was obvious that what they wanted was not a loving couple, but a smart successor.

“I’m a man, so the chances of pregnancy aren’t high, but since I’m dominant, it’ll be okay as long as we match my heat cycle. There is only a week left for my heat cycle, and I do not have any ailment or disease.”

The probability of an Omega getting pregnant varied depending on gender and superiority. It was common for women to have higher chances than men, and to have a higher level of dominance than recessiveness. Although I was a man, I was also dominant, so even if I had defects, there would be no problem with having a child.

“Kwon Yido, it would be great if we could match your rut as well and the fact we have to use medicines…”

“Jung Sejin.”

Kwon Yido cut me off gently. He didn’t seem angry but rather offended. With that same cold face, he opened his mouth.

“If you’re asking for us to have sex, this way isn’t very romantic.”

“…”

My mouth remained closed. I wanted to ask that he could do it now, but I wasn’t tactful enough to say it out loud. It was clear that something had been distorted while I was expressing myself, but I wasn’t sure if he considered if I was being critical of his favors.

“…Since you were being kind to me, I just thought it would be a good idea to make sure.”

I said those words and gulped. The inside of my mouth went dry due to the heavy atmosphere. However, it was true that I was more familiar with the usual Kwon Yido than the person who acted kindly to me.

“If you’re offended…”

“You shouldn’t apologize.”

Kwon Yido frowned and firmly denied what I said. Well, it would be nice if he relaxed his expression a little since he still looked uncomfortable.

After a while, he looked at me and asked.

“Do you like children?”

“Yes, well…I tend to like it.”

I have liked them for a long time. Sometimes, when one of my colleagues brought a child, the loveliness in them was indescribable. The unique innocence of a child even made me feel pleasant whenever I met them.

Come to think of it, I heard that Assistant Manager Yoon’s son is going to kindergarten soon. The corner of my mouth relaxed when I thought of that adorable appearance.

“Yes, Jung Sejin will be a good father.”

Kwon Yido brightened the mood with a much calmer voice. He leisurely crossed his legs and placed his hands on his knees. Even though he had just come out of the shower, he still had our engagement ring on his left hand.

“I understand Jung Sejin’s feelings, but I’m not confident I’ll be a good father yet.”

“…”

Was it perhaps time to say otherwise? Parenting wouldn’t be Kwon Yido’s role anyway.

Kwon Yido, whether he knew this fact or not, spoke leisurely.

“But I have no intention of leaving my child in someone else’s hands…I hope to redetermine our plans for children after we are officially married.”

I kept my mouth shut without saying anything in response. I couldn’t ask him when we were getting married, or if there was a reason for me to come over to stay here or things like that. The moment I blinked, a word came out of his mouth.