Chapter 11

When I first realized I was an Omega, the same happened. As was often the case with unusual traits, I experienced my first heat cycle around the time I went through puberty. My father called his doctor and immediately injected me with a suppressant, but the pheromones that were exhibited showed no signs of going away.

‘Due to your identity… ’

My doctor told me about my identity and explained about anti-inflammatory drugs with a puzzled look on his face. A total of five different types of injections were administered, but nothing changed. They also said that although I was a rare case, it wasn’t impossible to suppress.

‘At present, there may not be a suitable inhibitor.’

To me, a dominant Omega, these words were almost like a death sentence. It also meant that when the heat cycle came in the future, I would have to overcome it alone without any help. Not stopping there, he added something even more cruel.

‘The pheromone glands are malformed.’

It wasn’t that shocking to me. I was distraught because it was my first time experiencing a heat cycle, and the doctor and my father just had a conversation while staying right beside me.

‘You probably didn’t know before it appeared, but your body doesn’t emit pheromones at all. Normally, you would have no pheromone similar to that of a Beta, but when a heat cycle comes, those pheromones will suddenly go into overdrive. That’s why there’s a high possibility that it won’t be suppressed by a mere inhibitor.’

Even when I was in a daze, the expression my father made was clear. Disappointment and betrayal. Along with some regret, there was also a feeling of disgust that arose.

‘Luckily, you’re dominant so your heat cycles will be regular…’

The doctor said there was nothing wrong with my health, but that didn’t seem to be what mattered to my father. After the doctor gathered his things and left, my father looked down at me and said this.

‘I picked up a defective product…’

I was an Omega, who couldn’t control even a single pheromone, which must have been a big stain on the life of my father, who was a perfectionist. Now that I realized that the opportunity I had saved was half-baked, there was no need for my father to show me sincerity.

For three days, I went through my first heat cycle with my door closed. When all the symptoms disappeared, just as the doctor said, I couldn’t even feel the slightest pheromone. I vomited while eating the rice my caretaker brought me, and because I couldn’t eat it properly, I had to stay locked in my room for four more days.

‘You idiot. I wasn’t here to pick up something like you.’

I knew the expectations my father had for me. The world hailed my father as a chaebol with a kind heart, but in reality, he was far from being an altruistic person. Instead of being a promising successor to the Haeshin Group, I was just an expensive chess piece.

‘Where should I use this guy who can’t even act like an Omega?’

It was something that couldn’t be helped. The way he looked at me has changed the reason he showed all kinds of disappointment by saying that I was a half-assed Omega and the fact that Minjae followed his father’s attitude and treated me like a pet rather than his older brother.

I was a defective product, I was a loser who was abandoned by my parents…The reason I deserved the treatment I was receiving.

After that, whenever the heat cycle came, I would lock myself in an empty room and wait for the moment to pass. On the rare occasions when I was caught by my family, I had to endure their disgusted looks as if they were seeing something dirty. So I calculated my cycle, and like an obsession, I hid in a place where no one was around.