Chapter 32

Should I say that he knew how to deal with people? Otherwise, should I say that he was trying to solve it with money? Either way, the results would be similar, so it was true that Kwon Yido was great. So, Lee Taeseong would probably be keeping his head down, unable to deny it.

“…This is work that must be done even without special allowances. You don’t have to say it’s hard work.”

“Now you’re talking nonsense.”

“…”

I closed my eyes happily as I looked at Lee Taeseong, who was dumbfounded. The puzzled expression made him look like the usual Lee Taesong I knew. As I covered my mouth and suppressed my laughter, he asked bluntly:

“Is this funny?”

“Well, it would be a lie if I said no…”

I met many people and Lee Taesung felt someone new. I actually felt comfortable that he didn’t try to flatter me. Did Kwon Yido have a good eye for people? He managed to pick someone who wouldn’t cause me any inconvenience.

“Are we leaving in the afternoon?”

“Yes, I will come pick you up as soon as you finish eating.”

I nodded quietly while fiddling with the transparent teacup. I inadvertently lowered my gaze and saw a ring on my ring finger. I guess I’d have to get rid of it and roam without it. Somehow this fact made me feel sad.

Lee Taeseong, who disappeared briefly during lunch, returned with my clothes as soon as I finished eating. It was such amazing timing that I wondered if I was daydreaming, so I couldn’t help but be a little dazed when he handed me the suit and shoes. He left the front door saying he would wait outside, and I returned to the room with the clothes I had given him.

“…Isn’t the color too bright?”

The outfit Kwon Yido chose was a gray suit with warm colors overall. As expected, the size was perfect for my body, and the hem of the pants fell neatly as if I had measured it. The tie was a slightly darker color, and although it had no special pattern, it went well as a focal point.

I dressed up in a suit and picked out accessories in the dressing room. Since Kwon Yido had taken care of the clothes for me, I planned to prepare other things on his own. The handkerchief should be a similar color to the tie, and the tie pin and watch should be worn so that it does not stand out.

“The day will come when I will use this.”

I didn’t know that I would be able to use the items neatly arranged in the drawer with my own hands. Unlike before, when I didn’t even recognize it as mine, at least I had no hesitation in wearing it. This was probably because I had already received many even greater things from him.

After spraying the perfume one last time, I took off my engagement ring and placed it on the nightstand. I had never removed it before, a light mark remained on my finger. Looking at it, it seemed like it would probably not disappear until the end of today’s ceremony.

When I came down to the first floor and left the entrance, I felt a new emotion. How long has it been since I dressed up like this? Even though I wore a suit when I saw my father, something felt different. Just like the time when I came early in the morning for the engagement ceremony with Kwon Yido.

Lee Taeseong was waiting for me outside the middle gate. He was standing in front of the elevator going down to the garage and talking to someone on his cell phone. He inadvertently looked away, and as soon as our eyes met, he frowned and closed his eyes.

“…”

“… ”

I heard something being said on the other end of the phone. Lee Taesong, who was suddenly silent, was frustrated. I adjusted my tie and nodded lightly.