Chapter 18

At the End of That Memory
Chapter 18

There was nothing I could say. I felt like I would hurt Kwon Yido’s feelings even more if I opened my mouth too hastily. He placed the teacup down on the table, watching the spilled tea.

“I’m not asking you to be sorry.”

Aside from that, he looked to be in a very bad mood.

“…”

The time I spent with Lee Taeseong was very short compared to the time I spent with Kwon Yido. We only spent a few hours together in the morning at most, and we rarely talked because we were each reading a book. On the contrary, didn’t Kwon Yido talk to me for a couple of hours every night?

But why do I feel bad?

Instead of asking, I pressed my palms under the table. If I didn’t do this, I wouldn’t be able to bear the tickling feeling. Rather than questioning the unpleasantness he was showing, I understood it first, so my lips moved without me realizing it.

“…Should we put lights in the greenhouse?”

He blinked slowly. It was as if he was asking what that meant. I felt embarrassed and slightly frowned.

“We can spend time with each other after you get off work…”

Honestly, I thought it was sophistry. It was true that I was worried for a moment whether this would make sense. But the only answer I could give was this.

“I am not saying this to compensate or anything but there is no one yet to spend that time with me.”

“…”

If we added lights to the greenhouse, we would be able to talk here even after the sun goes down. The road might be a bit dark, but if we walked side by side, it wouldn’t be that scary. Of course, all of this would only happen after Kwon Yido willingly accepted my words.

“If you don’t like it…”

“No.”

The answer came back like a knife. He awkwardly released his neck, covering his mouth with one hand. The next word that came out was so soft that it tickled my ears.

“Let’s do that.”

A faint smile appeared in his eyes. It was his usual friendly smile as if he had never been offended. It seemed like he was a little embarrassed, so only then did I feel a little bit of relief.

“Jung Sejin is really…”

“I’m kind, right?”

When I said it jokingly, Kwon Yido burst out laughing. The Alpha pheromones cooled down the atmosphere. I kept thinking about how he was the kinder one.

“Rather…Are you already home from work?”

This morning, Kwon Yido left home after finishing breakfast. He didn’t say anything about coming home early, nor did he say he would come to the greenhouse. His attire was still the same as that of a suit, so what’s the point of leaving work at this hour?

“I need to go out again, but I just stopped by. I have something to say to Jung Sejin, and I will do it now.”

“What have you got to say?”

“The doctor is scheduled to come from the hospital in the afternoon.”

A memory came to mind when I heard the word ‘Doctor.’ The day after the heat cycle, I wanted to do a pheromone test as suggested by Kwon Yido in the underground garage.