Chapter 15

Kwon Yido was not saying anything, but I could surmise just by looking at him. If I let my guard down like this, it was like he’d do anything to me. A strong premonition seemed to spread through every corner.

“Yes, just now…I took a bath.”

I nodded, looking at him, trying to pretend that nothing had happened. Kwon Yido was watching me obsessively as if he would not miss even the slightest movement. The thin double eyelids of the eyes became thinner and longer.

“Yeah, it looks like it.”

From the eyes to the nose, the nose to the mouth, and the mouth to the chin. The gaze lowered progressively till it touched the nape of my neck. Even though I had put on my robe properly, I felt as though I were naked.

“May I ask why you opened the door like that?”

The soft question was so full of pheromones that even I, who was still, was startled. At some point, a sense of presence seeped out and slowly clung to my entire body. A little while ago, I was distracted by the scent of bath salts. Now I was distracted by Kwon Yido’s scent.

“Why did I open the door like that…?

As I was about to ask again, I quickly realized what Kwon Yido was asking. I was dressed as if I had just come out of the shower, and if someone saw me, I was dressed in a gown that could be seen as tempting, and he asked why I opened the door.

“Just…I opened it right away. It’s not that I have any other intention…”

My throat kept getting dry. I felt like I wanted to gulp down water if I could. But the only thing I could breathe in was pheromones, so I let out a shallow breath and lowered my eyes.

What if he misunderstands?

Although it was an unfair situation, it was also one in which he could have been mistaken. Since I went through a heat cycle yesterday, he might think that my body was acting up.

‘I don’t know what you expected…I’m not going to do what you want, so behave yourself.’

At that moment, the voice I heard in my dream rang in my head. I also remembered the sight of me calmly turning around and leaving as clearly as if it had happened yesterday. I moved my neck again and spoke in as calm a tone as possible.

“I will change and come out.”

“…”

“If you just wait a moment…”

“No, you don’t have to.”

Kwon Yido cut me off with a firm tone. I even missed the doorknob I had grabbed to close the door as he was taking a step closer. He held the doorknob instead of me and gave me a calmer expression.

“The joke went too far. I know you had no particular intention.”

I still felt nervous. This was because the pheromones floating around were tense. Kwon Yido didn’t touch a single hair of my head, but it felt like my whole body was touching him.

“I came here for a moment because I thought you were already asleep. I’ve seen your face, so you can rest now. It’s late, so I’ll leave.”

After saying that, Kwon Yido closed the door without hesitation. I could see him sighing through the slowly closing door. Until the moment the door closed, I stood there frozen, unable to even breathe.

Click, the door was completely closed. The swirling pheromones stopped in an instant. My tense shoulders relaxed, and my breath that had been held came out in an instant.