chapter 31

“…We can’t do that here.”

I swallowed dry saliva without realizing it. I thought that if I let go of my tension just a little bit, he might eat me. Kwon Yido narrowed his eyes at my words, smiled, and then spoke softly.

“Why not?”

It was obvious he intentionally didn’t part his distance away from me. Every time he spoke, his lips brushed me and the pressure on my lower abdomen twisted. Even if I tried not to be conscious of the pheromones and body temperature radiating from him, I kept feeling naked.

“…”

Ah, I think I might have a boner by now.

As soon as that thought occurred to me, I pushed Kwon Yido away with one hand. Surprisingly, he quickly expanded his distance without much resistance. My lips still tingled, but I tried to calm his voice and pretend it was nothing.

“You’re not asking because you don’t know.”

What on earth are we doing in the car I received as a gift today? Even if it was just a romantic kiss, my consciousness couldn’t forgive me for going any further than that. If a little more time had passed, my resistance itself would have become paralyzed.

“I asked because I don’t know…Is there any reason not to do it?”

Kwon Yido still asked with a nonchalant expression. It seemed like he didn’t really know what the problem was, so I answered in a confused voice without realizing it.

“What are we doing in a new car?”

“It’s okay if it’s not a new car, then?”

“…”

My mouth was completely shut. It was because I thought for a moment that it would be really okay. As I awkwardly turned my gaze straight ahead, Kwon Yido’s gaze followed me persistently. It seemed like if I said anything more, I would be caught up in his pace.

“…The night view is pretty.”

So I finally got lucky, even though I thought it was a very awkward change of topic. Nevertheless, Kwon Yido let out a small chuckle as if he were taking a look. He leaned straight on the passenger seat and answered in a low voice.

“I know…It’s pretty.”

It was a pleasant tone. So much so that I even felt better when I listened to it.

“…”

I looked around at the distant scenery unfolding before my eyes. Underneath the long bridge and over the wide-spreading river, the city lights dimmed.

It was a scene so beautiful that it was heartbreaking, to say the least. The streetlights shining brightly looked like stars floating in the night sky. This wasn’t my first time seeing the night view. I had seen many better places and better scenes than this.

Actually, this was a place I wanted to visit ever since I was in college. In the summer, my classmates would go to the Han River and eat chicken and beer. It was never recommended to me, so I never went there with them. Of course, even if they had recommended it to me, my father probably wouldn’t have liked me walking around.

“How did you know about this place?”

Kwon Yido and the Han River. Was there a better combination than this? Kwon Yido was a person who was suited to looking out from the top floor of the Myeongseong Hotel, rather than watching the river from his car.

“I just happened to.”

It seemed like he had no intention of going into more detail. Did you come here with the person who asked you to come? I had that question, but I didn’t bother to check. Kwon Yido closed his mouth for a moment and then spoke slowly.