Chapter 17

For several days, I spent my mornings reading a book called <The Origin of Perfume>. Lee Taeseong also read the book, and when he turned to the last page, he looked at me with resentful eyes. The point was why I recommended such a sad book, and when I asked him if he enjoyed it, they said no.

If there was one thing I learned in the meantime, it was that Kwon Yido had read all the books in the library. As he was passing by, I asked him if he had read all of it, and he acknowledged by saying, ‘Why would I keep books on the shelves if I won’t read them?’ Like a monster. It was clear that he had 72 hours per day, unlike the rest of us.

According to Lee Taeseong, Kwon Yido seemed to work without a day off. It was said that during the time Lee Taeseong was the team leader, he was never seen making jokes. Although I lived a pretty busy life, I was shocked to hear that weekends didn’t exist for him.

Of course, the most embarrassing thing was the moment when there was no answer to the question, ‘ Lee Taesung, don’t you need a breather too?’

“You are sitting more comfortably now.”

Today too, Lee Taeseong, who was in charge of security, sat across from me at the table even though I didn’t say anything. He might have been surprised by that action himself, and he looked very embarrassed. I smiled and gave a rough gesture towards him.

“It’s just a joke, so take it easy.”

The flower tea prepared by the employee today was plum blossom tea with a sweet scent. Clusters of dried plum blossoms were floating in a glass teacup. As I was staring at it, I heard an awkward question from the other side.

“…Do you eat flowers too?”

Wow, I chuckled. I didn’t mean to laugh, but he was too cautious with my words. I covered my mouth and swallowed the laughter that was about to burst out.

“Ah…I’m sorry. It’s a cute question.”

Lee Taeseong’s expression suddenly hardened. It was a pretty harsh expression, but it didn’t do much damage to me.

“It’s okay to have it, but it won’t be delicious, so if possible, I won’t eat it. It’s similar to tea leaves floating around so it’s best not to get carried away.”

The white petals were very pretty to look at. It looked good, so it did its job well. No matter how much I think about it, it would be a waste to have it.

Lee Taeseong did as I said and drank his tea carefully. He still looked like he didn’t like it, but after drinking it for a few days, he seemed to have gotten used to it to some extent. Come to think of it, he said he never drank anything other than water without reason.

“You seemed to like the book I read last time, so I brought another book by the same author.”

When I handed him one of the books I had brought, he gave me a look of disbelief. It was as if he was asking me if it was a sad book again this time. Instead of telling him the correct answer, I just laughed incredulously.

“It’s not fun if I give you the spoiler.”

“…Just tell me this. Is the main character dying?”

“Well, I don’t remember.”

The main character probably wouldn’t die. Instead, his lover died.

“You’ll know it when you read it.”

“…”

The pitch-black eyes shook uneasily. I guess he was curious, but he didn’t have the confidence to ask. I was planning on spoiling him if he asked me one more time but I kept my lips zipped up.