Chapter 1

"Get up!!! Get up!!it's getting late for your interview" she yelled and patted on his leg who was sleeping peacefully, covering himself with a cozy blanket.. 

"alec!!!" she shouted a bit louder while collecting his clothes in the laundry basket which was on the floor here and there… 

"God mom!!! Interview is at 10 am .. Let me sleep a little more" Alec blabbed, still snuggling under his blanket.. 

" It's 9.30 am already lazyass, you better get up and get ready before I pour a bucket of water on you… '' she smacked him a little  harder on his shoulder… and left the room yelling at Alec all the way.. 

He pulled his blanket down and  sat on the bed with pouty lips and half sleepy eyes, he looked at the wall clock which shows 8.30 am.. And it happens everytime he refuses to wake up .His mom has her way to wake him up.. 

"You lied to me like always," he yelled from his room.. Which is clearly audible to Maryse, who is busy in the kitchen… 

"a small correction.. You got fooled like always" Maryse shouted back in a mocking way .. On hearing that Alec rolled his eyes, "and don't roll your eyes go and take a bath" she added .. Alec's eyes widened and he took his towel and went inside the bathroom… 

Yes he is Alec lightwood… The one who is  an excellent chef.. He is well recognised for his famous Chinese recipes which he makes with extra love and spices..

 Maryse has been a single mother for the past 8 years, even before it's all Maryse who took care of her kids.. Alec's father left him the day he came out as an omega… yes he is an omega and it's an alpha omegaverse ..not like any other omega , he is the one stubborn and bold outspoken omega who can't go on his knees for alphas he met everyday at his workplace… 

Alec worked in the restaurant which provides all continental dishes … Alec is all rounder but as I said he is well known for his Chinese dishes.. People used to come to  that restaurant especially to taste his Chinese recipes. That restaurant earns a lot using alec.. But they refused to pay him enough for his hard work. He works day and night and burns in the kitchen all day to get a very little salary.. Sometimes they make  him do overtime in the festival seasons but they won't pay enough  for that… maybe because he is the only male omega out there in that kitchen.. He wasn't too loose to surrender himself to any alpha who all trying to get on his pants  , he always played hard that made most of them feel angry and jealous it's alphas nature to get angry when an omega rejects their proposal , they showed their dislike towards alec by giving him loads and loads of work …alec was okay with everything because he needed the money he is earning right now… 

Robert might have left the family because his son came out as a male omega which is rare but the lightwood's find out the real reason after a few months of Robert's disappearance … Robert left the whole family in debt… he used to gamble in the club nearer and lost all their savings in that… Maryse was heartbroken when she found out that their family is in this much debt and dues to pay to the bank and not so good hearted financiers which they can't pay anytime sooner either with the banks or with the financier because the amount is huge.. 

They lost everything to pay a part of it, the one thing they left was their house that's even because of alec and maryse earning .. Maryse used to work in the office nearer as an accountant . And Alec works as a chef while Izzy is doing her last year of college in university.. Alec helped to fill their debt and Maryse was helping for Izzy's studies.. 

A mother can handle anything but not someone disrespecting his son or his nature.... Maryse wasn't happy about Alec's work. She always felt bad for pushing Alec Into this kinda situation.