Chapter 16

Later that evening.. 

Magnus came back to the mansion all tired and lazy.. He knew Alec would be waiting for his answers and he was not in the mood to start any new dramas so he quickly climbed the staircase  before Alec could come out from the kitchen… He Can face and handle  anyone easily but the way Alec questions him and his words hit him in a whole different way.. 

Somehow he reached his room and went inside breathing lazily and lay on the bed without even changing his clothes … He Roughly undid his collar button and unbuckled his belt lazily while lying on his back…All of sudden he heard a knock on the door.. He know who it might be 

"Not now!!" he yelled back in annoyance.. 

It took a minute after hearing Magnus' words Alec just opened the door then came  inside with a tray of coffee and his favorite quick bites.. 

Magnus sat on the bed angirly "are you dumb?? Can't you hear my words or what??" he started again… 

Alec placed the tray on the teapoy ignoring Magnus's words and stood there by folding his hands on his back.. Magnus looked at him with his nose bulging in anger… 

Alec : Why are you mad at me?? (he asked right away. He is ready to face a war but not Magnus's ignorance ). 

Magnus : get out!! (he shouted which made Alec  startled a little, but he close his eyes and took a deep breath to calm himself and stay strong) 

Alec : I don't know where I went wrong….. Just tell me.. Why are you mad at me?? ! (he asked, even though he know the reason and he is not ready to give up ) 

Magnus closed his eyes while inhaling sharply, he calmed himself for a second just like alec did and looked at alec.. Who was staring at him.. 

Magnus : fine!! You tell me Alexander!! What might it be?? Hmmm…?? (he asked and now it's scary) 

Alec : Is it about me digging your past..?? (he asked and Magnus swallowed hard out of anger ..that's a yes from Magnus on low key.. Alec averted his eyes from magnus to the floor in guilt ) I saw aurora's hospital reports when I cleaned that cupboard!! I am sorry.. I invaded your privacy (he said directly). 

Magnus : sorry?? (he chuckled in a mocking way) tell me something Alexander.. What were you doing there??What were you doing in my study When Anouk came to that room the other day ? I should have asked you that, on that day itself but I don't want to make things more complicated so I let it go…so now… care to explain Alexander ?? (he asked while crossing his legs, still angry, sitting on the edge of the bed ). 

Alec :I was bored….I came to your study to get some books to read.. I saw that cupboard, it's  red and catchy..I opened it and it looked haunted so i cleaned it(he tried to explain. Magnus listened to him without uttering a word) and I accidentally found the file so I read it.. I didn't do that intentionally.. (he said hesitantly) 

Magnus : huh… So It's just accidentally you were digging my pasts each and every day.? .(he smiled a bit angirly) why are you so interested in doing that Alexander!! Hmmm(he asked even more devilishly that smile on his face hides lot of pain and disbelief.. )

Alec : I don't know.. (he hesitantly looked at Magnus… He was this close to open his heart out but the situation wasn't favor so he hold himself from not expressing his feelings towards magnus) 

Magnus : look Alexander I have zero level of patience don't test it for god sake … tell me why are you doing this?? (he asked one last time holding his temper) did anyone ask you to spy on me?? (he asked)