Chapter 11

"What?? How??" Alec asked shockingly.. 

" Camille … (she gulped her tears and voiced out) Camille approached me so many times before, she wanted me to work undercover for her, she wanted to know everything that happens in Magnus's life both in personal and in professional as well.. I was working for Magnus for almost 7 years and he never treated me low, never treated me like a servant before.. He never disrespected me . He even paid for my daughter's education and medical fees so many times before I could ask for it…. I always wanted to be loyal to him so everytime Camille came with an offer I kept on denying it.. She threatened me so many times with my life.. I don't care about it.. All I was concerned about is Magnus's trust in me.(Alec was patiently listening to her problems) . My daughter usually comes back from the school in the evening with her friends but yesterday she didn't come back..I was terrified and I was going to say this to Magnus but before that I got a call from Camille.. And then I came to know she took my daughter as a hostage and she started to threaten me with her life .. She wants me to send a document from Magnus's computer in exchange for my daughter..I am sorry my daughter is the only person I left with  "she said and tears started to roll on her cheeks 

Alec : God!!! (he inhaled sharply and asked)why didn't you tell this to Magnus ( he asked) I Mean if this happened for too long then why didn't you tell anything to magnus…?? 

Anouk : I was scared.. (she cried) what if he thinks I am a traitor..?? I was scared alec… (she cried) 

Alec : gosh!! .. What document is it ?? (he asked her to show her phone) 

Anouk opened the lock pattern on her phone and showed it to alec… Alec frowned on reading it.. 

Alec: a tender quotation package document ?? (he asked her confusingly) it might be every company's secret isn't it?? 

Anouk : yes.. It's the final tender quotation for the project they are launching today.. And Magnus made it in a smaller package… It's for an orphanage and if this project goes to Marcus it's gonna be a mess.. He never cares about the quality or safety of the kids who are gonna live there.. He will just swallow all the money from the investors and build an orphanage for a namesake with zero safety and zero quality ..(Alec raised his brows in listening to it now he got what Camille is upto) Marcus wants this project for money and to compete magnus in their business world .. If they quote a lesser amount than magnus they will get the project so Camille played this ugly game with me to know how much magnus quoted for this project… The final meeting will happen in half an hour so she was rushing me to send her the details to defeat magnus… (she said holding her forehead out of guilt.) 

Alec : Anouk we can't let it happen especially when you actually know what will happen if Marcus and Camille get this project.. (he said and thought for a second) 

Anouk : Alec I don't have time..she said if I send her these details  she will drop my daughter in front of this mansion  in the next 5 minutes and if I didn't, she will definitely kill my daughter.. (her face started to sweat and her body started to shiver.. Alec stopped thinking and looked at anouk ) 

Alec :there is no guarantee that she will send your daughter.. Okay do as I say… Send it to her.… (he said and took his own phone) 

Anouk : alec!! (she asked in disbelief) I thought you were gonna stop it somehow.. 

Alec :Let it happen and we will clear it once we get your daughter back… Just send it… (he said and looked at Anouk seriously…) now!! .. (he tensed  and waited for her to send  the text  ). Now give me Magnus's number!! (he asked her.. She found the contact quickly and  voiced it by looking at her phone..Alec noted the number and saved as Magnus, he and anouk waited for few minutes staring at the gateway through the window   )