Family

Alan's P.O.V

Andy drove scary fast, I couldn't help but clutch the handle above me. I looked over at him frightened, he had this determined and pained expression. We arrived to the hospital in a jiffy all in one piece thankfully.

"Jade Raven?" I asked the receptionist anxiously.

"Down the hall room 683." I thanked her and marched after Andy.

"She's gonna pull through..." he mumbled. I nodded and prepared myself for this.

I walked in the room automatically feeling tension in the air, it was suffocating. Austin looked absolutely, completely, utterly broken to no repair. His eyes were red, probably from either crying or lack of sleep. His hair was crazy, along with his baggy clothes, his appearance was shocking. Jade, who he was right next to was almost as unrecognizable as he was.

"Who is that?" Austin stood up, hovering over Andy. He looked threatening and disrespected.

"Andy." Andy answered for himself and stuck out his hand. I watched in awe, Andy definitely was not the type to back down to anyone.

"Okay, but why are you here?" Austin backed off a little.

"He's Jades uh, I guess you could say lost brother." I interjected.

Austin's head shot right at me, bewildered. "Uh huh. Okay Andy could I have a moment with Alan-"

"Please go ahead but I'm staying right here with my sister." he said firmly.

Austin clearly didn't want to leave Jade, especially with a stranger. "Fine then I guess I'll just throw it out there, how are you related? How do you know? How am I supposed to trust you? Why now did you just show up?"

Andy told Austin everything, he was very genuine and very sincere. I saw Austin staring to trust and believe Andy. "I just want to have family... I want to be there for her, and now she needs me more than ever. I need her..." Andy spoke.

"We're her family..." I spoke. "Austin, Me, you, we're all she has. Even Luna." I chuckled, even Austin grinned. It was great seeing him smile, even for a second.

Jades P.O.V

I pondered of my future, could it be terrific or terrible? I love them, but life wasn't for me. Maybe I was wrong, what if my dad was actually being a parent? I need to know if Alan is okay, I have to know why Andy is important, and I can't leave Austin like that. What if he intentionally hurts himself or, starts drinking and drugs? My heart pounded, what if he killed himself?

In an instant I pulled together all my will power, hopes, dreams, love and determination to sit up. My eyes opened and I fiercely checked my surroundings.

"Austin? Austin are you alive?" I croaked

His eyes met mine, his hands covered his mouth as he began to breakdown. Alan's hand held mine, I felt so relieved they were all okay. And at the foot of my bed standing in awe, was Andy. I laid back down and sighed.

"Why?" Austin stood up and began pacing, he was having a panic attack. He hasn't had one since his mom died. I fucked him up.

Good job Jade.

••••••
LIKE👍🏿 SHARE🍟 & COMMENT 💬
-kind regards, Jasmine 👽