Savor this moment

Damn... I don't know how to feel about this. I know that he's my dad, but the only memories I have of him is a mean drunk. Austin looked at my for a response, he was studying my face for any clues.

"Jade? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I hope he dies quickly." I saw a mix of shock and disgust riddle his face.

"W-why would you say that!?"

I looked away, I don't know if I truly wanted my father to live. Austin had always expected me to be sweet and gentle, but truly I was a cold person. How could some one be kind to another who's screwed up your life? Even if he is family, my father is one of the reasons I've gotten into drugs and alcohol. I got caught once for underage drinking, I got a massive fine and rehab. It's like me going to Sydney and hugging her saying "thanks for almost killing me! I only needed on blood transfusion!" to me it was mind boggling.

Austin's P.O.V

Why would she even say that! That is her father! Not even Sydney would wish death upon another, Jade has never sounded so cold and low level. I've known Jade sense 6th grade, we only have to finish our senior year, then we can be done with this high school bullshit. what if all this crap involving Syd has turned her into a hollow person? I need to snip this at the core.

"What's the cause of his sudden fatal ilness? let me guess, failing liver? typical for any alcoholic" she said in a stuck up and snotty way.

"Why would you wish death upon him?" I snapped back

"I don't want him to die, but I don't want him to continue living" she said with a calmness in her tone.

"I'm confused..."

"It's simple my love, I don't want anymore suffering for him. He's my father and all but he screwed up a lot, on his marriage, job, health, and on his only child. He really only considered me as a pet. I don't love something that's hurt me in any kind of way, whether it be mental, physical or emotional wise."

"I guess that makes sense. what happened between you guys any ways? rather than him being a drunk." I said without thought.

She looked down at her legs and stared hard chocking back on her words "when I was in elementary school he would come home clearly fucked up, and hit me a lot and yell at me and my mother"

Why did I ask her something she clearly didn't want to answer "oh, I didn't know that... I'm sorry I asked. I get why you don't really love him, he's a drunk and an unfit father!" I said almost engulfed with anger.

"It's fine there's kids who have it worse..." She quietly replied.

I changed the subject, "hey I got some good news!"

"What is it?" Jade replied

"Your going home with me tommorow!"

"Oh my god." she covered her face with her hands, I saw tears swell up in her eyes.

"Aw babe, don't cry. I can't wait either, I'll tell you what, I'll stay here tonight!" I pulled her into a hug and rubbed her back.

"Austin... I really love you, your the only good thing in my life that's changed my entire future." wow, she's never said 'I love you' like that before, it felt so sensitive and passionate.

"I love you too. I've never felt so loved like this before, but really Jade I'm nobody's hero."

"That's not true 'cause you're mine" she kissed me gently, it sent shivers down my back, I wanted to savor this moment forever.