[7]: Adapt

———

"What... What happens to my body..."
Howl mutters as his hand goes all around the body to find himself to turn into a beast. He rubs his furs all around the body.

Howl swiftly hops his way out of the bed as he ran all around the bedroom to find some mirror, He rushed and open all the thing he can. Cabinet, Desk, Closet and then he finally found it.

Howl quickly check his new body out on the small mirror, He quickly find it strange... Bright shiny white fur covering his body with pitch black stripes marking on some part on his body such as chest limb and his back, It was different than the person or the beast he find in his nightmares which only have all white fur and nothing other than that.

He notice that his sclera is all black with white iris and black pupil, It was terrifying to find that. The door suddenly creeks open, Causing Howl to jump in reflex and he swiftly hide behind the bed shades.

"Howl? You there?"
A voice call out his name, It was Fanny. She searched all the room to find Howl, But she can't. Howl's hand trembles in fear as he hide behind the bed's shade, Howl unconsciously let out a low growl from his throat.

"Howl?"
Fanny call out his name again, But this time she  look towards the bed before she start to take step forward.

Fanny quickly notice something like tail before she start to move slower, Slower... And...
WHOOSH
She catch the tail which caused Howl to gasp along with Fanny. Fanny quickly jump out as Howl darts under the bed.

"Howl... Come out, I don't meant to scare You."
Fanny spoke in soft low tone as she tapped the bed frame, Howl squeals in response. Fanny let out another sigh as her hand comes flying and as it touches Howl's ears, She quickly pulls him out.

She was struggling to do it but she managed to do it, Howl look at Fanny in fear as Fanny let out a confused and irritated look on her face.

"Why wont You come out already?"
Fanny scoffed as she looks at Howl like she's about to send her fist flying onto his face, Howl ears dropped in reaction as he struggle to speak.

"I-I... I..."
Howl mutters as Fanny just roll her eyes and goes out of the room.

"Make sure You're out five minutes later by now or You'll miss out some food."
She slams the door as she left the room, Howl whimpers in response.

"Must've been hard eh?"
A hoarse voice asked, He felt familiar with that voice as he turn his head all around but he can't find the person who's asked.

"What? Think I'll be gone while You conscious?"
The voice asked once again, Howl become more uncomfortable with this as he tries to suppress  whatever voice was it.

"Go away... Go..."
Howl mutter as tears start to flow out of his eyes before then it drip all the way onto the floor... The voice sigh before it laughed.

"Very well, I'll let You go for now. But when the time has come, You will pay for this piece of kindness I gave."
The voice burst out laughing roughly before it was gone, Howl didn't hear anything except his own breathing.

Tap — Tap
Someone is knocking on the door, Howl flinches from fear.
"Howl? You there? I hope You are okay and don't mind the new body of Yours..."
A familiar voice speak behind the door, Howl recognize it and quickly approach the door.