[8]: Outrunning an Old Friend

—————
A day earlier
—————

THWACK!
"ACK!"
A voice stutter as a fist landed right in his face, All he can do is watch everything happen as he heard a growling from their throat.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU FAIL?! AKARI!"
The person roared from anger as he gazes onto Akari who's smoking at the moment. Akari sighed as she stare at her partner, The shooter who was dumb enough to challenge Connor.

"Well sorry General, We can't find Howl... Guess You should search for another person to be the captain of Terra Force."
Akari calmly spoke as she blow out the smoke from her lungs, The person who Akari refers as the General then scoffed before the door behind them slides open.

"Agent Akari! Did You find him?!"
A voice spoked out while coughing off a liquid, The medic behind him tried to pull him back but he kept fighting.

"Mr. Hunter! We should give You a proper treatment to get rid of that venom!"
The medic exclaimed as they try to pull him back. He kept on struggling and swinging his hand all around to get free out of their grasp

Akari just stare at them, Seeing the person on it critical condition she felt guilty for making a false report.

"You must be... Mark right? Im sorry because everything was above our abilities here, We cannot find them..."
Akari sighed as she try to avoid any eye contact and when she look back at Mark she was surprised to see him on the floor weak with nothing to seen on his face than a huge look of sadness.

"See?! We should've told the truth already!"
Akari's partner whispered and Akari hopes no one find out what they will chatting around quietly.

"My sister is with that fucking wolf and he made a fucking vow that he would protect her instead of using her as an advantage, He was holding a fucking deal worth his life! If they hunt him my sister will be hunted too!"
Akari whispers back with an unpleasant look in her face, An anger from a tomboy girl with stoic expression is complicated, When she do let out some of the frustration, It was obviously serious.

Her partner scoffed as a sweat start to flow out of his skin. After the tension on the room start to get lower, The General clear his throat and he smiled towards Mark.

"Terra Force is in need of a captain right? Why wont You become the captain for now and we'll give You the very first duty as a captain."
The General smiled as Mark's expression become more upset because of their decision.

"B-But-"

"No! Once Your good we will send You and Your force to a mission to avenge Your uhm... Partner."
The general cut off Mark's word as he force Mark to be the captain, Mark cannot do anything less than a small nod as he walks back to the Medical Center with the medic team helping him to walk.

————
Present Day
————

Mark stare at Howl without realizing who it is, He can see something in those dark eyes of Howl but he does not get it, Why do he get some look from him as if he was saying 'Im Your Friends'.

"How did You know?"
Mark asked as he put his handgun on aim onto Howl's head, Howl whimper out of fear as he crawl back.

"Tell me... Do I know You? Ironic... But it seems that I felt something inside You..."

Mark ask again as he grab Howl and put his gun muzzle right into Howl's head, Howl's ears ring again with nothing he can hear but his once heart beat fastening every second.