Chapter 68

Amber and I stared at the stunned faces of Amy and Lynn across a table full of delicious breakfast food. We were having a delicious brunch at a place called The Friendly Toast in Boston's Back Bay. We'd chosen it specifically because there were more than half a dozen bridal boutiques that were within walking distance, and because we love brunch. Yes, some were further than others, but we were all in good shape, and the cardio would be good for us. We'd gotten an early start, taking the subway in from the little apartment and now we were having a great morning together before more wedding preparations got done.

It also provided the perfect time to tell Amy and Lynn about the little bun in Amber's oven, since we were eating some similar foods. Wait, similar to buns, not us being cannibals and eating babies. Eww. Needless to say, they were a little shocked.

"You're having a baby? I'm gonna be an aunt?" Lynn finally asked.

Amber nodded quickly, a smile on her face. Her earlier fears had dissipated, and now she was really getting into all the planning for the baby and the wedding. "You're gonna be an aunt, yep. And maybe you could be my maid of honor too?"

"Yes!" Lynn screeched, drawing a lot of stares from the other customers. "Amber, I would love to do that for you.

"And you could be my best woman?" I asked Amy, who was already crying silent, happy tears.

She nodded, sniffling away the tears. "Of course, I will. And when Amber and I set our date, you know we'll be asking you both the same things."

"Absolutely," agreed Lynn. "I'll never begin to repay you both for all you've done in helping me be a better person. I never want to be apart from you both."

Amber shook her head quickly. "Lynn, we may have helped, but you worked your ass off to change your attitude and your life. Don't sell yourself short, okay?"

"Oh, I know. But you gave me the inspiration to do it, and then really helped me settle down in high school. You gave me that second chance."

"And now you're the perfect pillow princess," Amy said as she leaned over and gave Lynn a kiss on her rapidly blushing cheek. "And I love you, baby."

"Stop!" Lynn groaned. "I'm not a pillow princess." I shared a look with Amber, and we both knew that she very much was. But I bet that she loved it too. Amber and I were both in great shape, and Lynn had been working out to do the same, but Amy was a powerhouse on a level that only Kate would match. I had little doubt that Lynn loved being handled by her, even if she didn't want to admit it.

"Lynn, as long as you're happy, that is all that matters," I assured her. They were both so in love that labels didn't matter in the least. I took another bite of my delicious huevos rancheros and happily chewed while Amy kept whispering in my sister's ear. Growing up, and even into high school, I would have never thought that Lynn would have been into girls, but I guess something about Amy flipped a switch and made her realize that she was exactly what she wanted. Yeah, maybe seeing Amber and I together helped too, but I really gave all the credit to Amy for treating my sister so well.

Judging by how Amy was constantly smiling and doting on her, I had little doubt that Lynn was returning the favor too. I wasn't going to speculate on their sex life, because eww that is my sister, but I was glad they were both happy. I know that for a while Amy probably wanted to kill me because of the Gail situation, but she'd become like a big sister to me once we finally got past all the drama from Riley and Leigh. I mean, there was a reason I wanted her to be my best woman, right? Lynn was the same way with Amber, both of them connecting after the drama was gone and now being close enough to be sisters too.

Considering our parents, it was a nice situation to be in.

The talk around the table continued for a bit as we enjoyed the food. Amber was wolfing down some chicken and waffles, while Lynn and Amy each had pancake and egg combos. We'd all be walking a lot today, so we needed the calories to sustain us.