Epilogue

"Come on, princess, you got this!" I cheered while gripping Amber's hand.

"Yeah, fuck! I think we're almost there." She replied wearily. She was coated in sweat, but she'd never looked more beautiful than right now, as she was delivering our daughter.

"Okay, one more push and your little one will be here!" the OB/GYN called from between Amber's legs. We'd been seeing Dr. Luiza Ruiz ever since the first pregnancy appointment, and she had reassured us every step of the way. We'd found out the baby's sex months ago, not worrying about needing a surprise when she was born and were well prepared to handle a newborn.

It didn't hurt that we had a full house of people who couldn't wait to help too.

Since I got $5 million more in the trust fund than Lynn, I tried to give her $2.5 million to make it even. She flatly refused, pointing out that she'd been spoiled by trips, gifts, attention, love, and cars for years while I got nothing, and she already felt guilty about it. In her mind, we were already even, but I refused to say no, and we ended up settling on me giving her $1 million instead. The money was nice, but my job was paying well and I was doing well enough to get a big bonus too, so I really wanted to share it with her. In the meantime, she had transferred up to Boston University for school, and Amy took over Amber's assistant manager position in the Braintree gym while she finished her degree too.

Oh, and we finished the basement and made it into an apartment, which is where they were currently living while they waited on finishing school when they could then decide where to buy a house. It was wonderful having them living with us, and it made it a lot of fun to have meals and movie nights together.

We just never told them what we did in their room before they moved in. Multiple times.

My mom briefly moved in too, staying in the loft that we'd made into a media room, like the one that Kenley and Shiloh had at their place, with a big murphy bed. She loved living with us, mostly because it really let her catch up with all of us after having been apart from us for so long. But she only stayed till Thanksgiving.

Late in the summer, after my father had folded quicker than a tent in a hurricane and given her the divorce she wanted and an equitable split of the assets, she had taken Owen up on his offer to take a motorcycle ride out to Provincetown. He'd been 100% correct on in his estimation that there were a lot of people that loved MILFs, or GILF's, out there, and many of them were women that made my mom's head spin.

After being with my father for 20 years, it was like a dream for her to be wooed by all those women, and my mother didn't say no to anyone. No, she didn't sleep with anyone out there, but she got to spend time dancing with a bunch of them, and then ended up making out with one in particular, a stunning black woman named Kinsey who was ten years her junior.

Kinsey was a commercial house painter and artist who lived in Sandwich, which was a town on Cape Cod not too far from Harper, Kenley and the rest, and kept coming up to visit my mom every weekend. You know how kids say that they were traumatized when they walked in on their parents having sex as kids? Yeah, it isn't any better when you're in your 20s and walk in on your mom wearing nothing but leather chaps and nipple clamps while riding her girlfriend's strap while you're there to tell her the Thanksgiving meal was done. Sure, it might be funny in a few years, but in the short term it was mortifying for Lynn and I. But Kinsey sure got my mom across the finish line judging by the moans that we heard as we ran for our lives.

The next weekend our mom moved down to Sandwich with Kinsey, just to make sure that something like that never happened again.

But with our little one coming any minute, the two of them were going to be taking the guest room again and would be helping out for the next month. Mom was the only one of us with any tiny baby experience, so we needed the instructions! We also told her she better close and lock that damned door.

It Will All Work Out (Intersex gxg)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें