Vodka Shots

Jo's POV:

I sat on the floor in Emma's room, doing my makeup in the floor length mirror hanging off the door. She sat across the room at her vanity, and Nikki was sitting on her bed, using a hand-held mirror that Sam was graciously assisting with.

We were all getting ready for the real birthday celebration for Nikki's 21st - the clubbing night. We were going to Tunnel, a new spot that had opened up only a few months ago and had all raving reviews.

I wasn't a huge fan of the clubbing scene myself, as large crowds tend to make me anxious. I much prefer smaller house parties or bar scenes, where I can move and breathe with ease. However, Nikki was notorious for going feral at clubs, so of course we had to go all out for her 21st.

I leaned in and worked on my smokey eye, using dark grays to bring out the hues of blue and green of my eyes.

"Do you think Matt will be there?" Nikki asked excitedly.

Matt was the guy she had been hooking up with recently, and whom I suspected she had caught feelings for. I felt bad for her, because he was clearly only looking for something casual, but Emma, Sam, and I didn't quite have the heart to break it to her. We figured we would wait for him to fuck it up himself, then be there for moral support.

"I don't know," Emma said cautiously. "I know he likes to go out, but I'm not sure if he even knows about this place. It's pretty new." The three of us exchanged looks, knowing that this could possibly ruin her night. And as her best friends, we couldn't let it.

"I vote you try to find some new dick," Sam proposed enthusiastically. "There's going to be men there tonight drooling over you. I wouldn't be surprised if a penis just popped out at the sight of you."

I chuckled, and I could see Nikki's face curl into a smile. Good, I thought. She deserves someone better.

"Do we have any other conquests of the night?" Emma asked, turning around to face us, wiggling her eyebrows. "As your cuffed friend, I need to live vicariously through you."

Sam and I exchanged looks and laughed. I knew that he wasn't betting on finding anyone tonight, as most of the gay bars and club are in the west end of town, opposite of where we were going. Although, you never know.

Likewise, he knew I wasn't looking for anyone, as per usual. Nothing against casual hookups - Lord knows I hear too much about them to ever pass judgment - I just had no interest in wasting my time on a man who isn't worth it ever again. And so far, I've had no luck finding anyone who is worth it.

"I fear it's gonna be a no from Sam and I," I admitted. Sam pouted.

"Hey, unless we end up at the Pitchfork tonight. Then I have something to work with," Sam joked, throwing his hands up in defense. The Pitchfork was his favorite gay bar, and I have to admit, I've always had a blast when I've went with him.

"Ughhh, you guys are no fun," Sam groaned.

I chuckled, turning back to the mirror to apply my cherry lipstick. Happy with my work, I stood up to get dressed.

I grabbed the dress I had brought from my closet and pulled it on. It was a shade of deep red that came down just below my butt. The halter neckline accentuated my toned shoulders, dipping down slightly in between the ties to give a glimpse of my cleavage. The exposed back drooped down to my butt, where it clung tightly to my skin. I had brought a pair of knee-high black boots to match.

"Holy mama," Sam cheered when he saw me. Emma looked up and whistled. Nikki pulled her eyes away from the mirror and gaped in awe.

"You look good," Emma cheered.