Drunk Text

Jo's POV:

The next night, Saturday, Emma insisted we go out. She kept telling me we needed to properly celebrate not only my LSAT, but coming to the end of the semester.

I agreed, despite the fact that I would much rather be with Colton. I couldn't get that stupid fucker out of my head. 

He had been texting me all day, besides the two hours he was in practice. Simple things, like a picture of his breakfast or a funny tiktok he found. I loved how even the tiniest conversations with him made me feel on top of the world. 

Sam had found a club that recently opened downtown, and was practically begging us to try it. I hadn't worn clubbing attire in so long, I worried my old dresses wouldn't fit. 

I finally decided on a simple black dress with lace around the top. I had to admit, it made my boobs look great. I wore knee-high black boots in an attempt to keep my legs warm. 

I decided to keep my hair down, letting it cascade down my back. My makeup was simple, but I added eyeliner to spice it up. I kept my lips a neutral pink, not wanting to look too overdone. 

I joined my roommates in the kitchen for the pregame. They all looked amazing: Sam in leather pants and a red button down that was currently unbuttoned, Emma in a tight emerald green dress, and Nikki in a black leather skirt and white corset. 

We took a few tequila shots, which made my throat burn like crazy. As much as I tried, I was not a tequila girl. 

For some reason, I had the urge to get drunk tonight. I don't know if it was pent up aggression from the test, freedom from being done, or the fact that I wanted to distract myself from Colton's absence - either way, I wanted to be gone

Emma offered to get the uber, and soon enough we were on our way. The driver was playing throwbacks the whole drive there, and we were screaming in the back like children. I missed having careless fun with my friends like this. 

We got to the club, and Nikki pushed her way up until we were at the front. I really had to give it to her, she knew how to get what she wanted. 

Once we walked in, I beelined for the bar. I ordered a round of shots for everyone, then another. Whoops.

"Let's dance!" Emma screamed, dragging me and Nikki along into the crowd. I grabbed Sam's hand with my other, making sure he followed. I started feeling dizzy weaving through the crowd, and I knew I had accomplished my goal. 

We got into the mix of sweaty people, pulling our group into a tight circle. I started swaying and dancing around to the music, the alcohol serving as a barrier between myself and my anxiety. I didn't care if people were watching, or if people were too close for comfort. I just wanted to move

Emma came up behind me and jokingly let me grind on her, making us both laugh. Sam came in front and the three of us danced like no one's business. Nikki had started talking to a guy behind us, and I could feel Emma was keeping an eye on her.

I felt myself get progressively drunker, and I was no longer seeing straight. Sam's face was starting to spin and blur, and I couldn't help but giggle when he grew another set of eyes. He was laughing along with me, probably enjoying seeing me hammered. I didn't get drunk too often, but when I did...

"Let's get another shot!" I yelled to Sam and Emma. Sam nodded eagerly, while Emma looked a bit hesitant, reluctantly shaking her head in agreement. I tapped Nikki to follow, and the four of us made our way once again to the bar. 

Sam got this round, deciding to get tequila shots. Already feeling unsteady, I knew I should sit this round out; but for some reason, it sounded like the brightest idea ever.