Mutually Assured Destruction

Colton's POV:

I was dangerously drunk. After my conversation with Jo went south, I had a dying need to forget the whole thing ever happened. Somehow, I found myself in the back yard, shirtless, and doing keg stands with JP and Drew. There was a crowd gathered around us, of course. But as long as no one was recording, I couldn't care less.

"3...2...1...GO!" Drew yelled behind us. JP and I immediately flipped over into handstands over our respective kegs, chugging as fast as we could while the crowd cheered. When we got to about 40 seconds I tapped out, and saw JP already on the ground, grinning at me. I won. 

Everything was spinning around me, and I could barely stand up straight. People were congratulating me left and right, and I was soaking up the attention. This was a perfect distraction. 

But still, I couldn't help but scan the crowd, or try to, for a certain head of soft, chocolate brown hair. Part of me hoped Jo headed home so she wouldn't see me in this state, and so I couldn't fuck it up any further. But selfishly, I hoped she had stayed.

As I looked around, I realized I didn't recognize anyone, other than JP and Drew. Who were these people? I didn't wanna be around them. I wanted to be around Jo.

I started pushing my way through the crowd, not caring if I was shoving people. I stumbled up the porch steps and struggled with the back door, finally getting it open and throwing myself inside.

The party was still going strong, and the loud music and nasty smell made my head spin even faster. I grabbed a can off the table and chugged it, continuing through the crowd inside. Finally, I spotted her.

She was sitting on the couch with her friend, Emily I think, on one side and a guy I hadn't met on the other. I almost got jealous until I looked closer, and realized the guy in black leather short shorts and a batman cape probably wasn't going to be an issue. 

She looked sad. And beautiful. Her eyes seemed red and her face was pulled in a frown, but even then she looked gorgeous. Her hair was slightly messed up, giving it a sexy edge. And oh man, that costume was going to be the death of me.

She looked up and saw me staring. She turned to Emily and whispered something, who then looked up from her phone to glare at me. Fair enough. 

I walked over, trying my best to make it in a straight line. "Can we talk?" I said once I got close enough.

She stared at me for a moment before slowly shaking her head yes. Her friends looked at her hesitantly, but she shot them a small smile of reassurance. 

"Good" I grinned, reaching my hand out to help her up. When our skin made contact, I could feel the electricity soaring through me, giving me a high I could only dream of. Something came over me, and once she was on her feet, I picked her up and threw her over my shoulder. She was light, and this position gave me an incredible view of her perfect ass.

"Hey!" She squealed. "Put me down!"

I ignored her and turned to find the stairs. She was pounding away on my back, and I had to hold her legs down to keep her from kicking me. I brought her up to my room, locked the door, and threw her on the bed. 

"We're gonna talk." 

She sat up, looking around the room nervously. I could tell she was avoiding eye contact.

"About what?" She muttered. Fuck, the sight of her on my bed, in that fucking costume... it was enough to make me forget what I even wanted to say.

I walked over slowly until I was standing at the edge of the bed, my legs touching hers that were swung off the side. 

"I'm sorry," I admitted, looking down at her. She looked up in surprise. 

"What I said earlier was mean, and I'm sorry," I continued. "I guess I was a little upset you never told me about your boyfriend, but I shouldn't have been such a dick about it." I ran a hand through my hair nervously. It was my turn to avoid eye contact. 

"Colton," she said softly, "I don't have a boyfriend. That's why I laughed at you." She grabbed my hand in hers, the feeling of her soft skin bringing back the sparks in my stomach. "But thank you for apologizing."

I looked back down to see her smiling up at me. Her big blue eyes were shining, her round cheeks had a pink glow to them. She looked so damn sexy like this, smiling up below me. And she didn't have a boyfriend. My heart was exploding.

I reached a hand out, caressing her jaw. She leaned slightly into my palm, batting her eyelashes slightly. I could feel myself getting hard in my pants. 

"So who was that you brought to my game?" I asked lowly. 

She gulped. "My friend. Connor. He's Emma's boyfriend's roommate. But just my friend."

I stifled back a laugh at her rambling. I loved knowing she felt nervous around me. 

"That's music to my ears, gorgeous," I grinned. I leaned my head down slightly, using my hand to guide her face closer to mine. Her eyes widened. 

"I thought you wanted nothing to do with me," she whispered. My heart sank slightly knowing she felt that way, but a slight glimmer in her eyes told me she was half toying with me. 

I moved my hand swiftly to the back of her head, slightly fisting her hair. Slowly, I angled her face and pulled it just inches from mine. Her full lips were parted, and I felt fully aroused just looking at her. 

"Couldn't be farther from the truth," I hummed. I moved my eyes down to her neck, admiring her beautiful tan. I used my fingers to brush her hair away, then leaned in slowly, pressing my lips gently to her flesh. 

I could feel her breathe hitch in her throat at our touch. I smirked, and left a small kiss on her shoulder, peppering kisses on my way up her neck. I stopped for a moment, giving her skin a light tug with my lips. She gasped. 

I moved one hand to the small of her back, bringing my other hand from her hair to her jawline. I lifted my head to be level with hers, and I stared into her beautiful eyes for a moment. She was breathing heavy, her face was flushed as she stared hard into my eyes with a look of intoxication, but not from the alcohol. Fuck, she was making my pants tight. 

I felt the animalistic instinct inside me, and it was taking all the restraint I had not to rip that damn Wonder Woman suit off her.

Jo's POV:

He stared down at me so intently, I thought I was going to pass out. Each second that passed had my stomach spinning faster and faster, the pool between my legs growing as well. My heart was practically doing backflips in my chest as I admired his warm, dark brown eyes. His lips were pressed together in a pseudo grin, but also as if he was trying to repress something. 

My courage was dwindling by the second. I feared that if I stayed under his trance for much longer, there may be no coming back. 

His thumb ran along my bottom lip, parting it from my top. A quiet moan snuck out from my throat. I felt my cheeks go hot as I did.

He leaned even closer, as if that was possible. I stared at his lips, and I knew I was done for. He was making it so damn hard to resist him.

So I leaned in and kissed him. 

***

A/N: Guys I'm sorry I have no self constraint. I CANT DO SLOWBURN OKAY!!

Any who... lemme know what you think, even if u think this sucks, because I agree. 

Side Note: I wanna bring back 2014-type author's notes, when half the chapter was the story and the other half was the author just rambling. My fellow old ppl will remember this. So basically this is my first A/N rant, enjoy.