Slumber Party

A/N: In my mind Colton is a mix of Ross Lynch and Vinnie Hacker. Do with this what you will.

Jo's POV:

I held the red solo cup in my hand with an iron-clad grip. I was standing off to the side of an enormous basement-turned-dance floor, watching a bunch of college students make drunken fools of themselves. It was entertaining to watch. 

Emma and Nikki were lost in the crowd somewhere, eager to join the chaos the minute we arrived. I joined them at first, but the claustrophobia took over and I decided I needed a break. Plus, if I heard "Mr. Brightside" one more time, I might claw my ears off. 

I still couldn't believe Emma convinced me to actually come tonight. I was ready to stay in and order Chinese when she had barged into my room, Tito's bottle in hand. I found it really hard to say no after that.

She had also convinced Nikki to join us, who pulled the "it's our last year together" and the "we need to make these memories count" cards. I've never good at denying a good guilt trip. A fact my brother has used against me countless times. 

Suddenly, I felt a warm liquid splash down my jeans, and turned to see a couple making out right next to me. The girl had thrown her arms around the guy's neck, and in doing so, let the cup she was holding fall freely. 

I groaned. Of fucking course this would happen. 

I turned to make my way up the stairs in search of a bathroom. The light from the upper floor illuminated the last new steps, and I was able to assess the damage. It wasn't bad, and luckily it hit the side of my pants so I didn't look like I peed myself. But still, it was gross and smelly. Yuck. 

I spotted the bathroom in the corner of the room, but before I could make my way over, a figure stepped in front, blocking me.

"Hey beautiful," the drunk guy slurred. He was hunched over, making his already short stature even shorter. He had a lazy gleam in his eyes, telling me the beer in his hand was no where near his first. He had curly, greasy black hair that came down to his shoulders, and reeked of body odor. 

"Hi," I said shortly, trying to push past him. He side stepped to block me once again, putting his hand on my arm. 

"N'much of a talker, huh," he laughed. "We don't gotta do much talking then." 

He started leaning in, and I immediately put both hands on his chest and pushed him off. He stumbled back, anger in his eyes. 

"The fuck is your problem," he accused. 

"I think you're the one with the problem, bud," a voice behind me spoke. A very familiar, very attractive voice. Colton.

I turned to see him standing right behind me. My Heavens he looked good. He had on dark jeans that clung to his muscular legs, paired with a red Canadiens jersey. He towered over the random drunk guy by a good 6 or 7 inches, making the already tiny man even tinier. 

"Sorry bro," the drunk guy quickly apologized, throwing his hands up in surrender. "Didn't know she was yours."

"Get lost," Colton snarled. Tiny drunk boy scurried away instantly.

I turned to face him fully, trying to ignore the flutter in my stomach. "I was handling that," I protested, crossing my arms across my chest.

He looked down at me, a familiar smirk growing on his face. He crossed his own arms and shifted his weight onto his hip, mocking me. 

I blushed, feeling called out. "Thank you," I corrected.

He broke out in a full-on grin. "That's more like it," he cheered. I watched his eyes look me up and down, a slight tinge of pink rising to his cheeks as he did so.