Ice Princess

Jo's POV:

Colton had brought us to a small pond, frozen over by the winter's cold temperatures. The pond was completely empty, but skate tracks indicated that we weren't the first to discover this secret spot. 

Colton looked almost embarrassed, blushing as he scratched the back of his neck with one hand. "Is this okay?" he asked hesitantly, looking down at me.

I smiled back up at him. "This is perfect, I love skating," I said, squeezing his hand for reassurance. 

I paused, a thought occurring to me. "Wait, I don't have ice skates with me," I told him, feeling bad that I hadn't prepared. Although how you can prepare for a surprise date is beyond me.

He smiled, his confidence returning. He reached into his duffle bag, pulling out a pair of white ice skates. "I planned ahead."

I grinned, grabbing the skates from his hand. They were a size 8, which happened to be my size. "How did you know I was an 8?" I asked.

"I didn't, I asked Drew if I could borrow Sarah's, I was just hoping they would work," he admitted. I giggled at his honesty. 

"Fair enough," I responded, starting to kick off my shoes and put on the skates. Colton did the same, pulling out a pair of hockey skates from the bag. 

Once we were laced up, we hit the ice. I struggled a bit to gain my balance, to Colton's amusement. He laughed as he held my hand, guiding me down the pond. Once I felt comfortable, I let go, trying to skate as fast as I could. Colton kept up with ease, even skating a circle around me to tease.

"Show off," I muttered under my breath. He laughed, suddenly stopping in front of me, causing me to crash into his strong build. 

"Let me help," he said softly, grabbing my hands. He started skating backwards effortlessly, guiding me down the ice. He moved quickly, pulling me along with him. I giggled carelessly, enjoying the wind blowing against my face as we picked up speed. 

We skated around the pond for hours, but it honestly felt like minutes. The sun had started to set behind the trees, leaving a beautiful sunset in its trail. The whole scene was magical, it almost didn't feel real. I couldn't imagine a time I felt so giddy

"Come here, ice princess," Colton joked, as I had taken off to see if I could still do spins on the ice. I had taken lessons as a child, but those skills were long gone. He skated up to me, putting his hands on my arms to steady me. His deep brown eyes bore into mine, both of us unable to wipe the smiles off our faces. 

"You're a natural," he grinned. I smiled back, unable to find any words with my heart pounding so strong. My head felt lost in the clouds, I was just about floating.

 Colton slowly leaned in, planting a soft kiss on my lips. He pulled away all too quickly, and missing the warmth of his touch, I reached up to grab his face, pulling him back in.

He quickly wrapped his arms around my waist, steadying me as our mouths danced. His lips were smooth and warm, his body sending heat down my own. Feeling bold, I slid my tongue along his lower lip, eager to deepen the kiss. He accepted, opening his mouth for me. I let my tongue gently explore his mouth, and I felt him clutch me tighter. 

He soon returned the favor, bringing my lower lip gently between his teeth. I held my breathe, loving the sparks this sent down my spine. I let my hands wander to his hair, getting tangled in his messy blonde waves. He brought one hand up to cup the back of my neck, the other stayed obediently on my lower back.

We continued this rhythm, both growing more greedy. My hands ran down his back, wanting to feel each and every muscle so expertly crafted on this man. He grew more adventurous as well, letting his hands run down my sides and cupping my ass. I could feel my need for him grow, and even though we were technically in public, I couldn't care less. I wanted him.