Answers

Jo's POV:

Friday afternoon, we all piled into the car, me as the driver and Dani shotgun. Andy had fought her for it, until I made the point of Dani would be in the back with his friends. After that, he happily climbed in the back.

We picked up his friends Colin and Jack and then we were on our way to the stadium. Andy and Dani were fighting for aux, which Dani eventually won after earning Colin's support. I sensed whatever was going on there wasn't one sided.

Once we got to the stadium, the boys climbed out, eager to get seats. I was about to leave, when Dani started tugging my sleeve.

"Can we stay?" she asked.

I sighed. "I really don't want to," I protested. "I have studying to do."

"Pleeeeease?" she begged. "I wanna hang out with Colin, but I don't wanna go in alone. Pretty please?"

I looked at my sister, who currently had her best puppy dog eyes on display. How could I say no to that?

"Fine," I agreed. She clapped her hands excitedly, before getting out of the car. 

I said a silent prayer to myself before going in. 

***

The game went surprisingly well. Our seats were near the back, and the stadium was much larger than the one at Eden. The Eagles won 3-0, and Andy and his friends were going feral. Dani was seated next to Colin, and I could see the two of them making conversation throughout the game. Aww, young love.

After the game, we were all starving, and decided to get dinner at a diner nearby. The five of us got a table near the front, and we were chatting away. The boys were still pumped about the game, and Dani and I chimed in where we could.

I was halfway finished with my burger when I heard a deep voice behind me.

"Jo?"

Whipping my head around, I saw Drew and JP, two of Colton's teammates. They had changed out of their uniforms, and now just wore Eden Eagles sweats.

"Oh hey guys," I said as nonchalantly as I could. "Funny seeing you here."

Drew nodded. "Yeah, do you live around here or something? We're kinda far from Eden."

"Yeah, about 15 minutes away. These are my siblings," I gestured to Andy and Dani, "and these are my brother's friends." I turned back to the table, and saw the four boys in absolute shock. 

"You said you didn't know any of them!" Andy whined. I kicked him under the table, not wanting to blow my cover. I could hear Drew and JP laugh behind me. 

"It's not really us she knows," JP chimed in. As if on queue, Colton came waltzing through the door, abruptly stoping when he saw us. We locked eyes, each shocked to see the other.

He shoved his hands in his pockets, walking towards us slowly.

"No way, you're Colton Cavanaugh!" Jack practically yelled. "Dude, big fan!"

Colton tore his eyes off me, as if just now noticing there were others at the table. He gave Jack a smile. 

"Thanks, man."

"Hey, how do you know my sister?" Andy asked. I felt my cheeks burn. Mental note to yell at him later for that.

Colton looked equally uncomfortable. "We, uhh, have class together," he finally answered. 

I felt my heart sink a little at his answer. Of course that's all he thought of me - the girl in his class.

"Can we get a picture?" Jack asked. "If you don't mind."

"Not at all," Colton said. He smiled, but it looked forced.

The boys got up, and all six of them gathered around. Andy handed me his phone, and I stood up to take the photo. I suddenly felt super self-conscious, dressed in sweatpants and a crop top. This situation could not be more awkward.

I took the photo, sitting back in my seat quickly. I could feel Dani staring at me, but I avoided eye contact.

The boys chatted behind me, mostly hockey stuff, but I could feel the heat of Colton's gaze behind me. I wanted to crawl in a hole and die. 

Dani caught my eye, and I knew she could tell something was off. "Hey dickheads, let the poor guys get back to their meal," she finally called out. I could feel the anxiety evaporating off my body. Thank God for sisters.

I heard them saying goodbyes, and finally the boys slid back in their seats. Colton and his friends wandered off to get their table, and I could finally relax. Dani was staring at me, but I shook my head, trying to signal that I could fill her in later. 

We continued our meal, and I tried to ignore the fact that I was in the same room as my biggest distraction. 

"I'm gonna run to the bathroom," I said once our meal was over. I had drank enough water to fill a camel in an attempt to soothe my nerves, and now had to pee badly. I ran to the restroom, eager to relieve myself.

I finished up, and went to return to the table. But as I opened the door, I saw Colton entering the men's bathroom. Just my luck.

We lock eyes, and stared in silence for a minute. Finally, I found the courage to speak.

"We have to stop meeting like this," I tried to joke, forcing a smile. He gave me a small smile back, clearly forced.

"Yeah, I guess so," he said dimly. I felt a pit grow in my stomach. He really wanted nothing to do with me.

I nodded, about to make my way back to the table, when he spoke again. "Why did you leave?"

The question stopped me in my tracks. I turned back to face him. "Leave?" I questioned, unsure of what he was talking about.

"Yeah, you just left. Drew said he saw you sneaking out," he revealed, blushing slightly. His lips had turned into a slight frown, his eyes avoiding mine. If I didn't know better, I would think he looked sad.

"I just figured you had class or something in the morning, I didn't wanna be a bother," I admitted. I suddenly felt guilty about rushing out. Maybe I should have stayed? Did he want me stay?

He stared at me, brows furrowed, as if trying to solve a puzzle. "You wouldn't have been," he said softly. 

The pit in my stomach grew, but now it was thundering violently. Or maybe that was my heart. Hell, my whole body felt like it had been flipped upside down.

"I'm sorry," I managed to whisper. He nodded, as if silently accepting my apology. I knew I needed to return to the table, but I found my feet locked in place, unable to break the hold his gaze held me in. He never broke eye contact, and neither did I. We were both trying to read the other's mind, trying to decipher the unspoken words between us. 

I thought about his arm around me when I woke up. His hands on me at the Halloween party. The little jokes and unwarranted friendly gestures he showed me. And it hit me like a truck.

I liked Colton. I really liked Colton.

And before I could stop myself, I had closed the distance between us, pulled his head down to mine, and kissed him.

***

A/N: OW OWWW!! SECOND KISS!!

Hope you enjoy:)