Grumpelstiltskin

Jo's POV:

I ended up napping longer than I had planned, waking up at 8pm. Oops. 

I decided to do the rest of my LSAT work from my room, pulling my books onto the bed and getting to work. 

By the time I heard Emma coming through the door, I had just about finished up, and quickly threw my things away and shut off the light so she would think I was asleep.

I wanted more time to think about what happened and how I felt about Colton before I came to my friends with it. I'm awful when people give me their opinions, because I tend to take them on myself. And then my actions just aren't genuine.

I wanted to have a better understanding of what was happening and how I felt. And part of that meant talking to him again. 

Tuesday couldn't come fast enough.

***

Tuesday morning, I woke up already in a panicked state. Part of me was dreading seeing Colton today. What if it was awkward? What if he wanted nothing to do with me?

Then again, I was having a hard time suppressing the side of me that was dying to see him. As pathetic as it sounds, I hoped with all my heart that he would at least acknowledge me today.

I got ready for class, throwing on a pair of baggy, low-rise jeans with a white long sleeve top, pulling on a cardigan and brown Uggs. Basic, but it does the trick. Plus it was starting to get colder, and I was hoping the vest would be enough to keep me warm. I didn't have the heart to pull out my winter jacket yet.

I did light makeup and left my hair down, not wanting to look like I was putting in too much effort. For all I knew, Colton wouldn't even be in class today. Seriously, I'm pathetic.

I grabbed my bag and headed out of the apartment, met immediately by a gust of cold air outside. Shit, I guess winter was coming.

I made my way to class, walking slowly as I was running early. I used the walk to check in with my siblings. My younger sister Dani was still in high school and starting to look at colleges, so I gave her my opinion on a few of the schools I toured that she was interested in. I wish we could've had the chance to go to college together, but her top school at the moment was NYU, which meant she would be joining Andy there. It made me happy knowing there would at least be someone looking after her. 

I made my way into the English building and found the class. Luckily, it was still pretty empty, so I could choose my own seat. I picked a spot in the middle, close enough to see but not close enough for the professor to see me doze off. I sat down and pulled out my phone, trying to distract myself as other students walked in. 

My leg was bouncing in nervousness, and as the clock ticked on, I started accepting the fact that Colton wasn't coming. I should have expected this.

I let out a sigh of relief that I could procrastinate this awkward encounter longer. I began pulling out my notebook, and soon enough class began.

After all of about five minutes of the professor talking, the door shot open. It was Colton.

"My bad, Sir," he said to the professor. He started jogging up the steps, his messy hair telling me he just woke up and was running late. That, and he was wearing a pair of flannel PJ bottoms and a sweatshirt. 

The seats next to me had been taken by other students, which I was fine with when I thought Colton wouldn't show. Now that he was here, I wanted to shove both of them off their stupid chairs to make room for him.

But that would be crazy. Right?

He walked passed my row, shooting me a flirty wink as he did. I almost fainted. 

I forced myself to stare ahead and not look back and oggle him. I could here him settling in near the back.

"Nice of you to join us, Mr. Cavanaugh," the professor said, clearly annoyed.

"Like I was saying..." the professor droned on. I quickly lost focus, and began daydreaming about my wedding. With no one in particular in mind. As one does.

The class seemed to fly by, probably because I was lost in my own head and not paying attention. Good job, Jo.

When class was over, I started packing up my things, moving slower than usual so I could get a look at the beautiful man that was about to pass.

But after most everyone had cleared out, I still hadn't seen him leave. I pushed in my chair and was about to leave, when a hand reached out and grabbed my arm.

I jumped slightly, then turned around to face the owner of the hand. Colton.

He stood there, smirking down at me. "You didn't save me a seat?"

I blushed. "You never asked."

He laughed. "Geez, didn't think I had to get that in writing, Grumelskiltskin."

I rolled my eyes. I turned to start walking, and I could feel him following behind me. The butterflies in my stomach were having a field day. 

"So whatcha doin now?" he asked.

"Nothing really," I responded. "I was gonna head to the library to get some work done."

"I was gonna do the same, but back at mine. Wanna join?"

I thought about it for a second. Part of me knew I probably wouldn't be able to control myself in such close proximity, but I was also dying for clarification for this weekend.

"Sure, why not."

***

A/N: Filler chapter OOPS! I just need to move shit along.