Chapter 21

.+*+.

It was the day of my celebration of becoming queen, I was currently in bed eating breakfast with Padme, I was nervous but I was excited, I've never had my very own day before.

"Stop being nervous, Y/N." Padme slaps my shoulder, causing me to choke on my toast.

"I'm not that nervous!" I said.

"Well you need to stop, it's the day you are to be happy." She says, "You'll finally become queen."

"I know, but if I am the queen and do one thing wrong and suddenly I'm being ambushed and targeted by people because of what I did and I-" Padme put her hand over my mouth.

"Don't do anything wrong, then you'll be safe." She smiles, taking her hand off my mouth. "And half of what you just said I didn't understand-" she says.

"Okay." I go back to eating my toast.

"And you need to start getting ready in an hour, your celebration is from ten in the morning to six." She says.

"9 hours? Padme you didn't tell me it would be that long-" I said, wide eyed at her.

"You'll be fine, I'll be by your side the whole time." She says.

I didn't believe that, Padme would probably be all over her boyfriend the whole night.

"Sure.." I sarcastically said.

"I'll leave you be Y/N, make sure to be in the dress room in an hour!" Padme says, walking towards my door and shutting it behind her.

She told me earlier that there is a high chance a bunch of young men will ask for my hand in marriage, wanting to take over Naboo for themselves. And I mean, I don't blame them. Naboo is absolutely beautiful and has lots of valuable resources.

I got up, finishing my breakfast and setting my tray on my bedside table. I looked around the room, remembering that this was my parents old bedroom.

There was a beautiful portrait of me and my parents when I was very young, hand painted. Gold carvings in the ceiling and a very elegant floral wallpaper.

I looked at the portrait of me and my parents, eyeing it and looking at my parents faces.

"I'll make sure Naboo is safe." I smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Don't you think this is a little tight?!" I said, as Padme was tightening my corset

"Y/N, you need to look snatched." She said giggling.