chapters 2

As four years went by, the wizard kingdom was slowly pursuing a path of ruin, and all those who were awaiting a saviour had lost all hope.

Elysia a now 16 year old girl, with hair as dark as night, onyx eyes and pale skin woke with a sense of both trepidation and excitement filling her chest.

Today would be another day of mundane chores and her usual isolation as an outcast in the close-knit village. However, she couldn't shake off the memory of the power that had awakened within her, a power she had discovered purely by accident.

As the early morning sun washed over the small village, Elysia rose from her simple bed and dressed in worn garments. Slipping into a pair of leather boots, she made her way downstairs, casting a glance at her worn reflection in the dusty mirror. The villagers had always been wary of her ever since she accidentally drained the life from everything that surrounded her during her outburst.

Outside, Elysia found herself enveloped in the bustle of everyday village life. Farmers carted produce to the market square, children ran joyfully, and the scent of freshly baked bread wafted from the bakery. Elysia felt a pang, longing for acceptance, but she knew it was a dream she dare not chase.

She sighed, reminding herself of the mundane tasks that awaited her - sweeping the village square, gathering firewood, and helping elderly villagers with errands. With a heavy heart, she began her chores, her steps taking her to the outskirts of the village.

As she walked further away from the noise and commotion, Elysia noticed a glimmer of light which grabbed her attention. Her innate curiosity urged her forward, and soon enough, her path led her to a secluded grove. The air seemed to hum with an otherworldly energy and she could feel the weight of something magical ahead.

Stepping cautiously into the grove, Elysia's gaze fell upon a series of intricate runes intricately carved into the earth. They shimmered with an ethereal glow, whispering secrets only the wind could decipher. Elysia's heart raced with anticipation.

Kneeling at one of the largest runes, she traced her fingers over the smooth carvings. Suddenly, a pulse of energy surged through her, causing her eyes to widen in both fear and wonder. The magic responded to her touch, resonating with a warmth she had never experienced before.

With trembling hands, Elysia dared to venture deeper into the grove, following the intricate patterns and symbols etched into the ground. Each step was a dance between fear and hope, her heart pounding in her chest.

Finally, at the heart of the grove, she found a pool of shimmering water reflecting the sunlight, seemingly untouched by time. Mesmerized, Elysia knelt beside it, the anticipation within her reaching its peak. She hesitated briefly before cupping her hands, scooping up the water.

The moment the water touched her skin, a jolt of power coursed through her veins. Elysia gasped as she felt the life force of the world flowing through her fingertips, invigorating her every cell. It was as if she had become a vessel of both creation and destruction, with the ability to give and take life.

Questions flooded her mind, but before she could explore further, a soft voice echoed through the grove. "Elysia, child of power, your journey has just begun." Startled, she turned around to see a shimmering figure draped in a cloak of starlight. The figure's presence emanated a sense of ancient wisdom and guidance.

"You must learn to control your gift," the figure continued. "Only then can you find your place in this world and help those in need. Seek knowledge, seek balance, and honor the life bestowed upon you."

With those final words, the figure faded, leaving Elysia in awe and filled with determination. Her heart now beat with renewed purpose - to harness her power, to understand it, and to rise above her outcast status. As she stood there, surrounded by the whispers of ancient magic, Elysia felt a pull at her abdomen before blacking out