chapter 6

Raven landed Elysia in the middle of the forest and it was then Elysia realised how big Raven was.

As if understanding the look on her face.
Raven told her in her head "I also have the power to control my size, I had to become big so I could carry you away from that beast"

Satisfied with the explanation , Elysia focused on her throbbing leg and touched it tentatively.

A sharp pain pierced through her leg and with a hiss she withdrew her hand.

Fortunately , she could heal fast enough , but now she knew they couldn't stay in the middle of the forest, they were vulnerable to attacks from the inhabitants of the forest, and while it wouldn't have been a problem before, it was now, considering she was injured.

Raven suggested they go find another cave, specifically Raven would go, while Elysia would stay there, and if she was in any trouble, she was to call Raven immediately.

A few hours later without being attacked by any beasts, surprisingly.

Raven arrived and told her she found another cave, it was big enough to accommodate her, and the beast that lived there was already eliminated by her.  Raven covered both of them in shadows and in a few seconds they arrived at the entrance of a cave with a waterfall covering it.

"This is perfect", Elysia exclaimed outward to Raven, "yh I know", Raven replied cheekily.

Quickly they both adapted to the area, and Raven did the hunting while Elysia was recovering and raising her mastery on the elements.

Afer two weeksz Elysia was fully recovered.

---------------------------------------------------

The sound of rushing water fills the air as mist hangs heavy in the dimly lit cave. Sunlight streams through the entrance, casting a warm glow on the glistening waterfall cascading into a crystalline pool below.

Elysia carefully lowers herself into the shimmering pool, sighing as the water envelops her body. The soothing sensation of the cool liquid against her skin contrasts with the tense energy she senses in the air. Her intuition warns her of danger lurking nearby, but she brushes it off, thinking it's just her imagination playing tricks on her.

Suddenly, a thunderous rumble echoes through the cave as the water within the pool churns violently. Elysia's eyes widen with fear as a massive WATER ELEMENTAL rises from the depths, its form fluid and ever-shifting.

The elemental takes the shape of an enormous watery hand, tensing and swelling before it hurls itself toward Elysia with a deafening roar. Acting on pure instinct, Elysia widens her stance and braces herself.

With a surge of willpower, Elysia channels the power of the earth, causing the rocky floor beneath her to tremble. The ground rumbles and crackles with energy as large boulders emerge from the cave walls, forming a protective barrier around her.

Simultaneously, Elysia extends her arm toward the cascading waterfall, beckoning the turbulent air to her command. The once gentle breeze transforms into a raging gust, swirling around her and forming a protective shield against the elemental's assault.

The water elemental crashes down upon Elysia's makeshift fortress of stones, its waves crashing and splintering against the unyielding rocks.

Elysia feels a surge of adrenaline as she taps into her hidden reservoir of strength. She focuses and reaches out to the elemental, connecting with the liquid within it.

A sudden calmness washes over Elysia, her eyes glowing with determination. With a fierce cry, she commands the elemental, bending it to her will. The massive watery hand quivers, hesitates, before obediently dispersing into a gentle mist that gently falls back into the pool, its anger extinguished.

Elysia stands amidst the dissipating mist, her heart pounding  exhaustion.

She looks at the waterfall, her eyes gleaming with a newfound understanding and respect for the elements.

Although she was quick to eliminate the danger she felt stupid.

She has been in the cave  for two weeks and never realised the danger.