chapter 16

Elysia and Luna lay side by side on a soft bed of moss inside the cave, their slumber accompanied by the soothing sounds of the forest. Above them, Raven perched silently on a nearby tree branch, keeping a watchful eye on her companions.

As dawn approached, a gentle glow filtered through the entrance of the cave, causing the girls to stir. Elysia rubbed her eyes and sat up, stretching her arms and taking in the fresh forest air. Luna followed suit, yawning and blinking out at the vibrant greens surrounding them.

"What a peaceful night," Elysia said with a smile, brushing a few leaves off her hair. "I can't believe we actually slept in a cave once again" Elysia said to raven in her head.

Raven cocked her head towards Elysia and squwaked in a funny manner

As they stepped outside, the tranquility of the forest seemed to hold its breath. The rustling of leaves brought their attention to a clearing not too far away, where a group of people had gathered, their voices carrying on the breeze.

"Elysia, do you hear that?" Luna asked, her eyes widening. "They're talking about a treasure in the forest!"

Elysia's curiosity piqued, and she exchanged a quick glance with Raven before they cautiously approached the gathering. Hidden behind the foliage, they listened intently to the whispers echoing through the air.

"Alright everyone, gather closer. We've come this far in our journey to uncover the coveted treasure in this forest, and we're almost there, this is the moment where we need to be at our best"

A man who looked to be on his mid ages said.

"But where exactly in this vast forest are we supposed to find it? Can we even trust the stories? Could it all just be a myth?"

a bright-eyed lady interrupted him, her fingers twitching nervously"

An older wizard with a long gray beard, steps forward onfidently.

"Fear not, my dear. The ancient scrolls reveal a sacred waterfall within these woods. It is said that the treasure rests beneath the cascading waters of its enchanted pool."

His voice filled with mystery.

"Legend has it, it holds unimaginable wealth and ancient artifacts," added another, eyes wide in awe.

"But heed this warning. The guardians of this treasure will not part with it so easily. "

"Well, I say we're up for the challenge! It's time to prove ourselves and unravel the mysteries of this hidden treasure before someone else does."

The young lady from before exclaims with an adventurous grin

As the group exchanges determined glances, they all grip their fists tighter, unity reflected in their actions.

"Very well. Let's pause here no longer. Remember, trust each other, trust yourselves, and let the magic guide us through this forest. Together, we shall claim this treasure"
The middle aged man said

"With renewed determination, the group sets off, their faint voices mixing with the whispers of the ancient trees as they venture deeper into the forest"

Elysia's heart raced with anticipation. She turned to Luna, her eyes gleaming with excitement. "We should find out more about this treasure."

Elysia's mind raced, visions of adventure and discovery filling her thoughts. She knew that this journey might lead her further into the unknown, but she couldn't resist the call of the treasure.

With determination in her eyes, Elysia turned to Luna and Raven. "We may have stumbled upon something incredible. Let's follow the trail, but remember, we have to stay cautious. This treasure might be sought after by many."

Luna nodded, her eyes sparkling with equal parts excitement and caution.

Their newly formed friendship strengthened by the anticipation of the unknown, Elysia, Luna, and Raven set off into the depths of the forest, trailing the group