chapter 9

Her gaze fell upon a series of ancient runes, intricately carved into the forest floor. The sight made her heart skip a beat, for these were the same runes that had once whisked her away into this very forest.

Curiosity surged within Elysia, driving her to investigate further. As she approached the sacred symbols, her fingers tingled with a strange energy, instinctively reaching out to touch them.

Unbeknownst to her, the ground crackled beneath her feet, resonating with an unseen power.

Suddenly, a low growl reverberated through the air, causing Elysia to freeze in her tracks. Peering into the surrounding foliage, her eyes widened in both recognition and fear.

Emerging from the shadows was a colossal beast, its immense form shifting effortlessly between elements, much like Elysia herself.

The nightmarish creature had once nearly claimed her life, forcing her to desperately call Raven to save her.

Although It was through this terrifying encounter that Elysia had discovered her innate ability to control the elements, she had narrowly escaped that confrontation.

As the beast approached, the air grew heavy with anticipation. Elysia's heart pounded in her chest as she stood frozen, her eyes locked with the creature's fierce and fiery gaze. Memories of their previous battle replayed in her mind, and a mixture of fear and determination surged within her.

As Elysia approached the beast, a potent gust of wind swirled around her, emphasizing her ethereal presence. She raised her slender hand, calling forth the element of air to please her bidding. Gentle breezes swirled around her, whispering secrets of the forest.

The beasts  piercing eyes locked onto Elysia, recognizing her formidable power.

It let out a bone-chilling howl that reverberated through the trees, sending shivers down Elysia's spine. She stood her ground, her eyes reflecting determination and unwavering resolve.

With her palm extended, she commanded the earth beneath her feet to tremble. The ground angrily shifted, causing massive roots to erupt from the forest floor, snaking towards the beast with the intent of ensnaring it.

The beast, however, responded with its own earth manipulation, commanding the ground to rise in defense, forming protective barriers against the encroaching roots.

Undeterred, Elysia redirected her focus to the element of water. Raindrops began to fall, casting a mystical glow around her as they danced in the air. She summoned a swirling torrent of water, forming a powerful current that surged towards the beast.

With a furious swipe of its paw, the beast counterattacked, creating an enormous wave of water to neutralize Elysia's assault.

Fire now consumed Elysia's gaze, igniting a fierce determination within her. Flames burst forth from her hands, dancing in intricate patterns. She unleashed a barrage of searing fireballs at the beast, each one hurtling towards its target with an unstoppable force. The beast retaliated, its own flames merging with Elysia's, creating an explosive heat that scorched the surroundings, leaving the beast disoriented and at a disadvantage

Whirling her arms like a conductor commanding the elements themselves, Elysia called upon the power of fire once again, causing flames to dance and leap in her palms. With a mighty swing, she unleashed a torrent of fire, engulfing the beast in searing heat. The air crackled with the scent of singeing fur and the echoes of the creature's agonized roar reverberated through the forest.

But it was not just fire that Elysia commanded. In the blink of an eye, she summoned water from the nearby stream, cascading it upon the wounded beast and extinguishing the flames. The transformation was swift, as fire turned to smoldering embers, enveloped by a healing mist.

Through her connection with the earth, Elysia caused fissures to emerge from the very ground beneath her. The beast, weakened and disoriented, stumbled upon the uneven terrain as the ground threatened to swallow it whole. But just as its demise seemed imminent, Elysia held back, the compassionate glint in her eyes offering redemption to her fallen adversary.

With a final surge of power, Elysia coalesced the swirling wind into a powerful tempest, lifting the once fearsome creature into the air. It writhed and thrashed, but Elysia's elemental control was unyielding. As the wind dissipated, the beast descended gently to the ground, its once threatening presence transformed into a frail figure.

Time seemed to stand still as Elysia approached her vanquished foe. Gently, she placed her palm upon its head, channeling the healing energy of nature towards it.

The beast's eyes flickered with gratitude, as if acknowledging the forgiveness it never thought possible.

Elysia turned to Raven, her faithful companion, their unspoken bond affirmed in this triumphant moment. With a final, determined look towards the mysterious forest , she stood upon the centre of the runes while Raven stood on her shoulders.

She had never thought there would be a way out of here without the help of the shimmering figure but alas,there was, and while the forest still had secrets to be revealed, she also missed her village and human interaction even though she was an outcast.