chapter 11

Leaving the house of the seer, Raven and Elysia decided to find an inn to rest and plan further when they heard approachung footsteps

"Ah, Elysia. The chosen one, they say"

Elysia narrows her eyes, taking a step back, instinctively sensing danger.

"Why are you following me old man? What do you want?"

Cauis looked at her, smirking

       "No need for hostility, dear. I am but a wanderer, guiding lost souls in their quests. I sensed your presence here in the house of the seer and couldn't resist sharing a piece of advice, for old times' sake."

Elysia raises an eyebrow, intrigued but cautious, remembering what the seer had said about the old man.

She crosses her arms, preparing to listen.

Skeptically she says
      "Advice? What could you possibly know that I don't?"

"I know the truth, Elysia. The truth about your powers"

Elysia's eyes widen ever so slightly, curiosity creeping in despite her reservations.

Whispering Elysia asks,  "What do you mean?"

Cauis grinned maliciously

   "I've seen it all, my dear. The power you possess, so untamable, it could consume you. The elements bow to your touch, you could take and bring life with a single touch, but do you truly understand the consequences of wielding such immense strength?"

Elysia's brow furrows, contemplating the old man's words. Uncertainty and fear take root within her.

"I won't let fear control me. I am meant to protect this world and its people."

Cauis chuckled softly

     "Such noble intentions, Elysia. But let me enlighten you. The seer inside this abode, she fears you. She fears the chaos you might unleash upon this fragile world. That's why she sent me away, to keep you ignorant of your true potential."

Elysia's eyes widen in disbelief

"You lie! The seer has told me about how manipulative you are"

Cauis laughs out mockingly
      "Oh, my dear, the seer's intentions may appear pure on the surface. But remember, power corrupts even the noblest of hearts. What better way to control you than to keep you in the dark?"

Elysia hesitates, doubt casting a shadow over her determination.

"No! I won't fall for your lies, I know what I'm capable off and I can control myself and even if I go off the grid, I have Raven here to bring me back"

She says looking appreciatively at Raven who was perched on a tree branch looking at the scene

The old man's grin fades, anger flushing across his face.

"You foolish girl! You'll regret this decision!"

Elysia's resolve strengthens, and she takes a step forward, facing the old man fearlessly.

"Leave now, old man, before I decide to test my powers on you."

The old man staggers back, a mixture of anger and fear mingling on his face. He turns and scurries away, disappearing into the trees.

Elysia watches him vanish, her heart pounding.

With a deep breath, she goes the opposite direction with Raven flying towards her, landing on her shoulder.