chapter 28

Elysia hurried through the grand hallways of the castle, her mind consumed by the events of the morning.

She had been so preoccupied with her own thoughts that she hadn't even noticed the absence of raven  and the bond that had snapped without her realizing.

Upon reaching her room, Elysia shed her training attire and filled the bathtub with warm water, sinking into the soothing embrace of the steaming liquid.

The  rigorous training had left her muscles weary and her mind in turmoil. As she lay in the water, her thoughts drifted back to the encounter with Zephyr, whose piercing gaze had stirred something unfamiliar within her.

Lost in contemplation, Elysia remained in the bath until her stomach growled hungrily, reminding her of the passage of time. Wrapping herself in a robe, the looking for a proper outfit.

she made her way to the dining hall, where the aroma of a hearty meal greeted her. There, she found Luna,  already seated and enjoying her own meal.

"Elysia, you look like you've been through a storm," Luna observed with a  smile as Elysia joined her at the table.

"What's been troubling you?"

As Elysia recounted the events of the day, Luna listened attentively.

Luna's eyes widened in mock surprise, a mischievous grin playing on her lips. "Oh, really? Our brave Elysia, caught off guard by a dashing knight's advances? I never thought I'd see the day!"

Elysia rolled her eyes, swatting playfully at Luna's arm. "It's not funny, Luna! I panicked and ran off. I just... I don't know, everything felt like it was moving too fast."

Luna's expression softened, and she reached out to squeeze Elysia's hand.

"Hey, it's okay. You don't have to rush into anything you're not ready for. Zephyr will understand.

Besides, it's understandable.
You two literally just met  and now things are changing. It's natural to feel a little overwhelmed."

Elysia nodded, a small smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "Thanks, Luna. I just needed to get that off my chest. I know I can always count on you to tease me and then make me feel better."

Luna winked, taking a sip of her tea. "That's what friends are for, right? Now, let's enjoy our breakfast and forget about knights and kisses for a while."

As they continued their meal, the laughter and chatter of the dining hall filled the air, enveloping them in a comforting warmth that eased Elysia's lingering nerves.